What does your name mean?

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
hehe.. bless ya!
go search my name now.. i cant find it
it keeps asking me if i wanna ask about catherine tate.. NO I DONT..

x x x

Dave means "beloved"

It suits me!

ooh hush you miss leah

KATHERINE
Gender: Feminine Usage: English Pronounced: KATH-u-rin, KATH-rin [key]
From the Greek name Αικατερινη (Aikaterine). The etymology is debated: it could derive from the earlier Greek name ‘Εκατερινη (Hekaterine), which came from ‘εκατερος (hekateros) "each of the two"; it could derive from the name of the goddess HECATE; it could be related to Greek αικια (aikia) "torture"; or it could be from a Coptic name meaning "my consecration of your name". The Romans associated it with Greek καθαρος (katharos) "pure" and changed their spelling from Katerina to Katharina to reflect this. The name belonged to a 4th-century saint and martyr from Alexandria who was tortured on the famous Catherine wheel. Another saint by this name was Catherine of Siena, a 14th-century mystic. This name was also borne by two empresses of Russia, including Catherine the Great, and by three of Henry VIII's wives.

NOTE.. MY NAME IS NOT KATHERINE.. ITS CATHERINE.. BUT IT SAID I HAD TO LOOK AT THIS ONE.. URRRRRRGH
x x

SARAH

means Lady or Princess in hebrew :)

Blimey, I swing both ways!!

GEORGIE
Gender: Masculine & Feminine Usage: English Pronounced: JOR-jee [key]
Pet form of GEORGE or GEORGINA

CHERYL
Gender: Feminine Usage: English Pronounced: SHER-il, CHER-il [key]
Elaboration of CHERIE, perhaps influenced by BERYL. This name was not used before the 1900s.
Bit nondescript, just like me ;)

NICOLA (2) Gender: Feminine Usage: English
Latinate feminine form of NICHOLAS

But according to another website and a coaster I have it is an ancient Greek name meaning "Victory of the People"

YAY ME!! lol x

How very exciting! Not!!!

DEBORAH
Usage: English, Jewish, Biblical Other Scripts: דְבוֹרָה (Hebrew) Pronounced: DEB-or-a (English), DEB-ra (English) [key]
Means "bee" in Hebrew. Deborah was a heroine and prophetess who led the Israelites in defeating the Canaanites as told in the Old Testament Book of Judges. Also in the Old Testament, this is the name of the nurse of Rebecca.

ARAMINTA Gender: Feminine
Usage: Literature
Perhaps an elaboration of AMINTA. This name was (first?) used by William Congreve in his comedy 'The Old Bachelor' (1693) and later by Sir John Vanbrugh in his comedy 'The Confederacy' (1705). This was the birth name of abolitionist Harriet Tubman.

I've seen other definitions as 'lofty' or 'beautiful, sweet smelling flower' :)

VICTORIA (1)
Gender: Feminine Usage: English, Spanish, Romanian, Ancient Roman Pronounced: vik-TOR-ee-a (English) [key]
Feminine form of VICTORIUS. This name was borne by a long-reigning queen of England. A Canadian city bears this name in her honour, as well as an Australian state and several other geographic areas.

Vicky is my "pet name" apparently!

My name is also not there - not surprising though - my name's "Tishka" - I know it's Russian but that is about it!

"KD" isn't listed there
thinkno.gif

Weird or what:eek: ;)

"KD" isn't listed there
thinkno.gif

Weird or what:eek: ;)

KD
Usage: English, Jewish, Miniminical
Pronounced: KAY-DEE (English)
From the days of Attila the hun, meaning usually revolves around "Warrior", "Protector", and "Super moderator". Often found lurking, likes to advise, but is utterly reliable and honest.

funny, thats what came up when i tried KD Xx

KD
Usage: English, Jewish, Miniminical
Pronounced: KAY-DEE (English)
From the days of Attila the hun, meaning usually revolves around "Warrior", "Protector", and "Super moderator". Often found lurking, likes to advise, but is utterly reliable and honest.

funny, thats what came up when i tried KD Xx

:rotflmao: You are a nutter, but if that's what it means, then I'll keep the name for now, though Attila does sound pretty don't you think :cool::D

Back