What drinks are we allowed too drink?

Chubbzey

Sorry another question from me.

But have seen that people say they add coffee and that they drink tea (can you drink it with milk?)
I know you can have coke zero every now n again. But what else? xx

Water and Fluid Consumption

If you do not have enough water you will become dehydrated which can lead to constipation (not nice but it will happen if you don’t drink enough), headaches, lowering of blood pressure, (causing dizziness) and cramps. So make sure you drink plenty of fluids regularly through the course of the day. The amount of water you need varies from person to person so make sure you are having enough to feel comfortable. A guide for water consumption throughout the day is around 2-4 litres (please be advised it can be harmful to consume large volumes of water or other fluids in a short space of time.) If you are following the Working or Total Solution you should avoid flavoured water that contains citrus as this could take you out of Ketosis and slow down the fat burning process and may possibly lead to feelings of hunger. Still or sparkling water can be used. Tea and coffee will count towards your fluid intake. If you are following the Total or Working Solution then you should avoid having milk in your drinks.

FAQ's

Leaf teas can make a refreshing change, for example...green tea, peppermint or nettle but herbal teas made with flowers or fruits like chamomile or lemon should be avoided as these can contain hidden sugars.

Hiya,
I add a bit of light soya milk to my tea/coffee without any real probs and I know some people add skimmed milk to theirs.

Bouillion (sp?) veg stock(I use the marigold brand) is a life saver between packs especially in the cold- u just add half a tsp or a tsp to a mug of boiling water.....mmmmm

good luck with it
xx

Chubbzey said:
Sorry another question from me.

But have seen that people say they add coffee and that they drink tea (can you drink it with milk?)
I know you can have coke zero every now n again. But what else? xx

You can have tea and coffee. You're meant to have it black but I add a dash of skimmed milk

You can have coke zero and any drinks that don't have citric acid. The only one I know of is Asdas own diet coke

green teas are nice. i also add a very small dash of semi skimmed milk to my morning coffee. lots of water to help with hunger and weight loss :)

Thanks girls :)

Another question-
What stuff are you allowed for constipation or to help not get it ?

I tend to have lemon green tea at work or I use a HEA of milk to have tea/coffee.
If you dont want to use HEA sw say its 0.5 syns per dash of milk.

I also like syn free squash such as Robinson's no added sugar squash and also Ribena really light, no added sugar.

If im having alot of scan bran I make sure I drink plenty of water too.
And occasionally I have fizzy drinks such as Diet Coke or Lilt Zero which I love :)
xxxx

Thanks girls :)

Another question-
What stuff are you allowed for constipation or to help not get it ?

Have you tried scan bran which sw sell and you can also buy it from Holland and Barrett too.
That certainly helps get the bowels moving lol! Or sometimes I have Senakot tablets. xxx

what in the name is HEA milk? or scan bran for that matter lol I'm sure we cant have it whatever it is lol

MrsWilsoncroft said:
I tend to have lemon green tea at work or I use a HEA of milk to have tea/coffee.
If you dont want to use HEA sw say its 0.5 syns per dash of milk.

I also like syn free squash such as Robinson's no added sugar squash and also Ribena really light, no added sugar.

If im having alot of scan bran I make sure I drink plenty of water too.
And occasionally I have fizzy drinks such as Diet Coke or Lilt Zero which I love :)
xxxx

This is the Exante forum - not Slimming World

I bought some Senakot today hope thats ok too use. And some sweetners ready im hoping too maybe start tomorrow so then im not grumpy when other half goes back too work n little girl turns 3 :D xxxx

I think the key to avoiding constipation is to keep your water intake up by drinking little and often. I find this easiest by always having a litre bottle of water with me and just taking sips throughout the day and refilling it every time I've emptied it.
Good luck (and you never know some people get the opposite problem...) hopefully you'll be happily in the middle and take to it easily xx

Back