What else have you tried?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Guru, 21 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Guru

Guru Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(16.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Cambridge Diet is a pretty radical way to lose weight and I imagine this is not the first attempt at dieting for most of us - certainly not for me. So what have you tried previously? How successful was it? Why did you decide CD was the plan for you?

I have tried Slimming World (lost about a stone, put it back on and more), Weight Watchers (lost two stone, put it back on and more), Lighter Life (lost 3 1/2 stone, put it all back on and another stone).

I am at the point of desperation because of wanting a baby. I went to my GP and asked for gastric band surgery (he refused because there is nothing wrong with me except for being overweight). I asked for xenical and reductil and he refused and said that they were horrible.

He suggested I try CD, so here I am. If this doesn't work I will be saving up for a gastric band privately.

I am hoping that like when I did LL, removing food from the equation will help. I also hope that unlike LL, I last longer than three months!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Umm excuse me miss, if it doesn't work? It will work! Be positive! Then you can spend all that hard saved cash on gorgeous new clothes :D

I'm sure you'll last, you've got all of us for support too! We'll help beat your butt into gear when you need it :p

4. moti17

moti17 is gonna do it!!

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    SW
    All diets 'work', its just us that mess it all up!
    Ive tried ww, found all the point counting a bit taxing, and its sloooow.
    Rosemary conley is also good, will probably stick to that kind of thing when I get to goal.

5. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Umm excuse me miss, if it doesn't work? It will work! Be positive! Then you can spend all that hard saved cash on gorgeous new clothes :D

I'm sure you'll last, you've got all of us for support too! We'll help beat your butt into gear when you need it :p

6. Guru

Guru Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(16.01%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh aye, I didn't word that very well. I realise they work but for one reason or another I haven't stuck at them. With WW and SW it was because it seemed like such a looooooooooong time until I got to goal - four years of dieting is not appealing. With LL at the end I self sabotaged and I really disliked the leader so I dreaded going every week. I wasn't keen on the group therapy either so I am hoping that this time without those things, and with my CDC who so far seems really nice, I will stick it out.

7. eyeontheprize

eyeontheprize can see the end in sight!

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(37.98%)
    Diet:
    Currently - Cambridge SS+
    i lost a stone on weight watchers, it was just too slow so decided to switch to CD instead. all diets work, i know i could have lost weight on any diet i chose (not as quickly though) as my head was in the right place.

8. Mrs Scoffalot

Mrs Scoffalot Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It will work and you will succeed. You will. Believe in yourself because it is only you that can do this. no one can do it for you.

I personally haven't tried any other diets because I know I am the type of person who has all or nothing. SW and WW allows syns and point saving so you can have a bit of the naughty from time to time but for me that is fatal and I knew it wouldn't work,

I got to 15st 3lb and realised how big I was so I started walking 5 miles a day everyday for 6 weeks, I got down to 14st my lightest. Then I stopped and put it all back on and more, then, when I fianally plucked up the courage to call a cdc I was 16stone.

I had known about this diet for years but because I hadn't researched it properly I avoided it thinking it couldn't be safe until the day when I caught myself in the cinema toilet mirrors - that was when I knew I needed to be away from food so I researched the diet and it went from there.

9. Katierose

Katierose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins , Low Carb
    Hi
    Just wanted to say that you have done fantastically well with your first week weight loss x and I know we are on different threads and just wanted to say hang on in there as you will do it. I ve tried all the other diets.. including slimming pills and although my weight loss is slower than others on here its consistent with CD. We can do this x:D

10. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Hi Guru, well done on your first week's loss, fantastic. I had tried Weight Watchers many times but it took too long and had such a way to go I would give up. It was also too flexible for me with the fact that you could use your points on practicly anything that I found it very easy to cheat on it. CD works for me because it's quick. consistant and eliminates food for a while whilst my stomach shrinks and I retrain my brain.

11. LizS

LizS Shut up Ethel

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.31%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Well done on Week 1 Guru - bucketloads of motivation when you see how well it works, isn't it!

As for me I have done most things. Countless attempts at WW and SW. I used SW to get from 15 stone to 13.5 for my wedding and it took me a hell of a lot longer than five weeks (which is how long its taken to lose the same on CD!)

WW is slow and point counting is a hassle but more importantly I always felt I could 'cheat and make up for it later' - firstly by cheating one day then being 'good' the next and then by having what the hell I wanted and trying to make up for it next week. Just doesn't work for me - I'm such an all or nothing type of person.

I also did slimfast when at college (total waste of time) plus self-devised calorie counting/exercise plan, which worked, but so very slowly, and so very easy to fall off.

The only diet that ever 'worked' in that I consistently lost weight over a period of time was LL. I lost 4.5 stone in 4 months. The only reason it didn't 'work' was because I didn't work at maintenance when I finished. I also stopped too soon because I was bored of SS and wasn't allowed into maintenance at that point, so I gave in, learned nothing, and went back to old habits and old dress size.

With CD I think it works on two levels - it suits my all or nothing approach and I simply cannot 'cheat' because there's no way to make up for it later, and also the choice of plans means I am far less likely to just stop like a train running into a brick wall!

12. Nicki-M

Nicki-M Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8lb(37.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I must say I have been there and done that with all of the slimming companies out there, WW, SW, LL.
    I was very successful with WW and lost over 4 1/2 stone but as its the mind that needs to change I did end up gaining it all back over the course of 2 years and an extra 2 stone.
    I don't look at WW or SW as diets they basically are healthy living plans and basically teach us what and how much food we should be eating to sustain a healthy weight...I personally love the WW plan but as I have about 8 - 10 stone to lose...I was looking for the quick fix and thought abstinence and exercise was my best option. When and not if I lose the weight, I am going to...yes going to (not try to) follow the principals of the WW plan as I feel that this is healthy and balanced and what I need to maintain my weight loss.
    I won't deprive myself..but, will promise to be good at least 80% of the time and try and allow myself only to be naughty 20% of the time and hopefully by maintaining a decent exercise regime I will not lose control and ever have to SS again....wishful thinking I know..but I plan on holding on to this belief once I see the glamorous new person that I become!!!
    Wishing you all great success on your journey to GLAMOURDOM!!!!!!

13. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have done SW in the past lost 3 1/2 stone many many years ago.... Also ww........ I think they all work you head just has to be in the right place at the time you are doing them.
    I also went to Paul Mckenna I can make you slim seminar that was great....... but nothing to fall back on after.....

Anyway got big again..... became desperate and CD is the way forward its quick...... and I needed something to happen straight away rather than take forever to lose...... and it definatley has worked for so many of us on here x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.