what else have you tried?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Crys, 18 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    What other diets have you tried, and what did/didnt you like about them?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrsBabyCakes

MrsBabyCakes Naughty Fridge Picker

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.21%)
    Diet:
    Low fat, Low Carb, High Protein, SW tweaked
    WW I was always hungry and wasted a lot of my points on junk

4. Cobweb

Cobweb Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(15.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have tried WW several times too, and I just couldn't do well with it. Think like Silvermaneuk I wasted my points on junk, and probably didn't weigh stuff like I should, which is why I like SW, minimal weighing involved... except for myself every Wednesday :D

5. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I meant to add mine:
    Low cal when I was 15: I lost 3st in 8weeks by having less than 1,000 cals a day and doing at least an hours exercise a day. I liked shifting weight quick, but hated being so hungry.

Atkins: I managed 6 days. I ddnt like eggs then, so was bascally living on chicken, ham and the meager amounts of carbs I could have. Loved the ketosis sticks to check for ketosis, hated everything else lol

LOw cal recently: I was doing low cal under 1,500 lately, and was getting good losses (3+ a week), but wasnt eaing proper meals, just usng all my cals for sweets ce-cream and chocolate!

6. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tried Slim Fast years ago and hated it. I only liked the chocolate milkshake and couldn't stand the soups, pasta's, or bars, LOL!

Other than that I have gone through phases of eating 'healthily' and exercising a lot.

Slimming World is the only 'diet' that has made sense to me and made me want to try it. Very happy I did as I can totally see where I was going wrong (apart from the obvious excess of chocolate and pizza :p)

7. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did well on WW years ago- it definitely worked for me, but I was never able to maintain my weight and sustain the way of eating because I just wasn't able to commit myself to a 'lifetime' of counting, weighing and measuring everything (I couldn't eat the ready meals). SW is happening a little slower for me than WW, but this doesn't matter because I know that I'll get there and I also know that it's a way of eating that I can continue with long after I get to target!X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.