Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

what else have you tried?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Crys, 18 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    What other diets have you tried, and what did/didnt you like about them?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrsBabyCakes

MrsBabyCakes Naughty Fridge Picker

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.21%)
    Diet:
    Low fat, Low Carb, High Protein, SW tweaked
    WW I was always hungry and wasted a lot of my points on junk

4. Cobweb

Cobweb Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(15.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have tried WW several times too, and I just couldn't do well with it. Think like Silvermaneuk I wasted my points on junk, and probably didn't weigh stuff like I should, which is why I like SW, minimal weighing involved... except for myself every Wednesday :D

5. Crys

Crys Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.71%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I meant to add mine:
    Low cal when I was 15: I lost 3st in 8weeks by having less than 1,000 cals a day and doing at least an hours exercise a day. I liked shifting weight quick, but hated being so hungry.

Atkins: I managed 6 days. I ddnt like eggs then, so was bascally living on chicken, ham and the meager amounts of carbs I could have. Loved the ketosis sticks to check for ketosis, hated everything else lol

LOw cal recently: I was doing low cal under 1,500 lately, and was getting good losses (3+ a week), but wasnt eaing proper meals, just usng all my cals for sweets ce-cream and chocolate!

6. cheekychinchilla

cheekychinchilla Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(16.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I tried Slim Fast years ago and hated it. I only liked the chocolate milkshake and couldn't stand the soups, pasta's, or bars, LOL!

Other than that I have gone through phases of eating 'healthily' and exercising a lot.

Slimming World is the only 'diet' that has made sense to me and made me want to try it. Very happy I did as I can totally see where I was going wrong (apart from the obvious excess of chocolate and pizza :p)

7. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did well on WW years ago- it definitely worked for me, but I was never able to maintain my weight and sustain the way of eating because I just wasn't able to commit myself to a 'lifetime' of counting, weighing and measuring everything (I couldn't eat the ready meals). SW is happening a little slower for me than WW, but this doesn't matter because I know that I'll get there and I also know that it's a way of eating that I can continue with long after I get to target!X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.