what happens at meetings??

loussie2

Hi all

i'm currently doing f&h as an online member but was thinking of attending meetings a extra incentive? just wondered what the usual format was?
Thanks

At mine, I get weighed, have a look at the ww products for sale then the leader talks about how people have done hands out any awards etc and then talks about the theme for the week whatever that may be.

It's not intimidating or daunting and the hardest part is the first class.

Go for it! Xx

It's pretty much the same at my group. I was really nervous before I went but everyone was really welcoming. My leader and his helpers are pretty good about chatting things through with you if you need it. He doesn't push the products available to buy or WW supermarket stuff but is mostly very pro F&H so I find it very helpful.

Sorry to jump on this thread but do you know if people who dont stay to class still get 5% and 10% awards and the 10% keyring? I have been going a few wks and hope to get my 5% soon but I never stay to class.

I love our meetings,

We arrive and hang out, chatting until we're called in by our leader. We sign in at the table by the door and then wait in a (rough) queue to be weighed. During our turn our leader asks how the week went and answers any short queries we have.

Then it's a quick trip to the "shop" if I feel like it, otherwise i'll grab a coffee and chat with other members.

Once she's finished the weigh-ins our leader comes over to start the "class" she takes a few minutes to congratulate us on the group's total weight loss that week, will point out any milestones people have hit and will also update us on any sales, specials or new products at the shop.

Then the lesson, usually relatively interactive, she'll ask questions or maybe play a very casual "game" to illustrate a point.

End of the lesson we'll hover and chat briefly before heading off, new members will stay behind to have the plan explained. Anyone can hang back and ask her a question if needed.

Meeting over. :)

It's all very casual and social, i've found i really enjoy them even purely from the social side of things. It's nice to get out of the house and chat with people who have a common interest. Everyone has been super supportive from day one and they are always truly pleased for you when you do well. If you're struggling, almost anyone will have a tip or two that might get you back on track.

Meetings and online has worked for me to the tune of 50 lb lost to date!

I love my meetings! At my meeting I arrive, get weighed by my leader, have a cup of tea and natter whilst we wait for everyone to be weighed then have a group talk about whatever the theme for the week is.
My meetings are a good laugh. My leader is not judgemental in the slightest.
If I am honsest, I wouldn't have stuck it out if not for my class and fellow members' support :)

Back