Step 1 Sole Source What happens if I don't drink enough water?

Mrso79

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and I'm on SS and have been for five days. I am drinking loads of water and herbal teas but not entirely sure I'm drinking enough. I still feel really hungry although not as tired and groggy as I did at first. If I don't drink enough water will I still go into ketosis? Is there anyway of knowing I'm in ketosis? I still feel absolutely huge so I don't think ill have much of a loss this first week. I've got 3.5 stone to lose :(

Hi,

You can buy 'ketostix' from pharmacy which is a little stick to test your urine, it turns pink-purple when ketones are present. Water is really important as thats your main source of hydration due to no food and helps with the weightloss. Many on here will agree, the more you drink the more you lose.....but of course dont over do it as too much water can be dangerous too!! Just keep with it and you will soon start to feel fab and see the pounds come off!! Good luck and I hope this helps, Sarah x

not drinking enough water wont take you out of ketosis, you will just become dehydrated and more likely to become bloated and it will hinder your weight loss.
Im finding the water really hard to drink so much but just keep going! :) x

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and I'm on SS and have been for five days. I am drinking loads of water and herbal teas but not entirely sure I'm drinking enough. I still feel really hungry although not as tired and groggy as I did at first. If I don't drink enough water will I still go into ketosis? Is there anyway of knowing I'm in ketosis? I still feel absolutely huge so I don't think ill have much of a loss this first week. I've got 3.5 stone to lose :(

Hi
I'm new today too
I'm on day four
I think the water flushes out the toxins and waste from the breaking down of your body fat - so by going a loo a lot is the only way the byproduct is released from our bodies ( and I think by our breath - hence bad taste in mouth)
Every body is amazing on here - I like to say well done and thank you for your diary entry - they ate so encouraging x

Back