What happens if you eat 2 bars and a shake in a day?

Hiya all,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bars and on a couple of occasions have had 2 in a day but..................apart from the wind etc, is there any other reason you're only allowed one a day???? I'd like to substitute one of my soups/shakes for another bar a day if it is allowed!
T:D

bars are higher in carbs and cals I think so they may knock you out of ketosis but I do know someone who only has bars and ban tetras and they have 2 of each a day they are fine .Think it will be a try it and see thing xx

You get wind that would make you soley responsible for global warming and the raging Sh*ts. :eek: Or maybe that's just me. Put it this way, it's not a mistake I plan on repeating :D

xx

I eat 1 bar a day but I have had 2 before and I have not felt any difference.

You're still going to loose as you are having so few calories so there is no harm in giving it a try if it is something you enjoy. After all it's not exactly a huge cheesy pepperoni pizza we are talking about here, just good old CD products.

i know this is gross.. but i get proper bad wind when i have two a day.. ive done it twice.. and i shall not be doing it again.. lol..
*embarrased*
x x

The original four bars (MT,Choc,CO and Caramel) have more carbs than the sachets and hence two of these a day could jeaopardise ketosis which is why it is recommended at 1 a day.

The newer bars (CC & PC) have the same carb as the sachets but a real hit of fibre that can give you tummy ache.

Therefore the official line is 1 a day!

Mike

I have eaten 2 2day cos I had the munchies and the first one I ate as I was shopping. Now am really paying the consequences. Even the dog has taken himself upstairs so I can't even blame him.....

had To Get Up In The Middle Of The Night Just To F**t! Just Incase It Wasn't.........don't Do It!

As Mike says, the 'chewy' bars are higher in carbs than the shakes/soups, so two of those in a day could knock you out of ketosis. These bars also contain a sweetener called 'polyols' which are notorious for giving you a bad gut!

The two 'crunch' bars have a similar level of carbs to the shakes/soup, so two of those theoretically shouldn't knock you out of ketosis. They have no polyols, but contain an awful lot of fibre, so could still affect your stomach. Also, you need to bear in mind that the bars contain more calories - a shake/soup has 138 cals, a 'chewy' bar has 172 cals, a peanut bar has 175 cals, and a cranberry bar has 159cals.

As has been said, the official line is that you can only have one bar a day. However, i'm fine on two bars a day, so long as I stick to the 'crunch' bars, and space them out so that i'm not having too much fibre in one go!

Jo x

instead of having a second bar why not make some choclate balls or a muffin etc out of a pack?

I have 2 bars a day on occasions... Doesn't actually affect me at all. I still only buy 7 bars a week so if I've had 2 bars I have to go days without any. I've discovered a liking for choc tetras made into ice cream though so sometimes that keeps me happy....and the choc or toffee bars done in the microwave...yum!

What if you had one chewy and one crunchy bar a day? that way you wouldn't be overdoing fibre/polyols right???

I LOVEEEEEEEEE the bars- makes me forget this is even a diet!

IF you are going to do this then have Cranbury (13g carbs) or peanut (12g) the others are 24g on average. I have people who cannot cope and have 2 bars per day but they must stick with Cranbury or peanut. Love bunnyxxxxxx

Hiya all,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bars and on a couple of occasions have had 2 in a day but..................apart from the wind etc, is there any other reason you're only allowed one a day???? I'd like to substitute one of my soups/shakes for another bar a day if it is allowed!
T:D

Back