What happens in WW meetings

Lucia Lucia

Silver Member
Hi Folks,

I am giving WW a try and starting on Monday. I have done Slimming world for the last 12 months and lost getting on for 7 stone but need a change, new focus and portion control.

I have never ever been to a WW meeting. What is the routine? what should I expect.How long will the meeting take? I am getting quite nervous!

Hi there . I just joined ww last Monday after being on slimmig world. The meetings are very different! Where in slimmig world there is the raffle , slimmer of the week etx and they discuss each persons loss/gain they don't do any of that at ww. At weight watchers they don't go trru who has done Wat and that they have like a topic discussion each week. Some weeks the leader will give cooking lesson, some weeks discuss excercise. Etc etc. our meeting laste about 25/30 mins after everyone had been weighed
Good luck I am really enjoying beig on ww so far x

my meeting basically the same as above but it lasts 35/40 mins of talking.,.. but its a big class and it takes near 40 mins to get everyone weighed unlike the 30 mins its meant to take :)

I used to go to WW, and found the classes more interesting than the SW ones (although I go to SW because it's more convenient and I prefer the diet!). What I liked about the WW class was that the leader wouldn't spend the whole time going round each person but would ask a general question "Who's happy with their loss this week?" and we might hear about one or two people who had had a good loss, and not be bored to death having to listen to each person in turn as you do at SW. There would also be a general talk with tips about different topics, eg eating out, incorporating exercise, party food etc I wish that SW would overhaul their 'Image Therapy' as sometimes I feel like sticking pins in my eyes just to alleviate the boredom!

lardylady said:
I used to go to WW, and found the classes more interesting than the SW ones (although I go to SW because it's more convenient and I prefer the diet!). What I liked about the WW class was that the leader wouldn't spend the whole time going round each person but would ask a general question "Who's happy with their loss this week?" and we might hear about one or two people who had had a good loss, and not be bored to death having to listen to each person in turn as you do at SW. There would also be a general talk with tips about different topics, eg eating out, incorporating exercise, party food etc I wish that SW would overhaul their 'Image Therapy' as sometimes I feel like sticking pins in my eyes just to alleviate the boredom!

Well said! X

Thats one of the reasons i'm moving to WW as I have just had enough of the image therapy and to hear they dont go round each person at WW is music to my ears!

Well, joining WW has been like a breath of fresh air. I'm loving the freedom of the new diet and it's really made me think about portion control. I feel really positive about the switch.

Thats good :) good luck on ur journey and well done on ur weightloss so far ! x

Back