What helps you stay on track?

Rockleeej

1. For me first and foremost is the support of my lovely wife. She understands the plan as well as me and give me the support I need.
2. My phone app. It keeps track of everything I eat and keeps a database of all the food and point values. Also has a point calculator to help whilst out and about.
3. Variety. Always try to have something different every day to keep it interesting.
4. Planning. If you have everything worked out a week ahead it helps take the headache out of it. Only takes an hour at the weekend. Just imagine your preparing for an exam or something.
5. Your end goal. May be a wedding or a holiday.
6. Why did you start. For me I went on a flight for my hols but only just managed to do my safety belt up quite embarrassing. Did I want to give up holidays. No! So I had to do something about it and managed to lose five stone on the DP. Lost my way on PP so back to DP.

Does anyone else have reasons to stay on track

Hi there, great thread! Really interesting points you have made. I too like to plan ahead so I am never hungry and don't know what to eat as this is when the bad things start to creep in and ruin my dieting! My phone app helps me to point things correctly too and I also can't do without my scales. When I tried weight watchers before I didnt use my scales enough as they weren't electronic. Now I have great ones that you can set your plate/bowl etc, zero the scales and then weigh the contents you are putting into the bowl so easily!! I also like to keep a food diary on minimins as I feel that this helps me to stay on track! Also not lying to myself about what I eat helps as I used to 'forget' that I just had a few biscuits with my mug of tea and wouldn't write it down when I tracked my food intake!! Dieting is hard but i think as long as you have it in your head that you want to eat healthy and loose weight, then you will succeed!

Planning makes it lots easier for me. First and foremost i am doing this to be healthy, i have 2 children one who is severely autistic and theres a good chance he may need me to care for him for the rest of his life so i need to stick around as long as i possibly can for my boys

Back