What if I don't like my CDC?

Saksred

Determined
Hi
I went to see my CDC last night for the first time, to collect packs, get weighed etc...

I personally think that first impressions count and to be honest I wasnt too impressed.

It was all a bit laid back and not very inspiring or motivating, and because she knew I had done LL before, had said "well you know this anyway"

Left feeling a bit perplexed, but I am so determined I know what to do and WILL do it regardless.

Is it possible to change CDC's - I feel a bit bad, but a little inspiration from your CDC is not too much to ask for?

Saksred.x

Hi Saksred

As a CDC myself I'd hate to think that I wasn't inspiring or motivating, that's what I'm here for:) and hardly much to ask for from any CDC. So my advise would be to switch counsellors, find another in your area and let your CDC know that you're moving. It's up to you what you tell her, you may find it difficult to be up front and want to make an excuse instead, they're easier to get to, or you know them or your friend goes to them etc.

At the end of the day your CDC is here to help you and if you don't get on with yours it's not going to help your journey.

All the best
x

Yes agree with Madame Dotty - change your CDC.

We are here to help motivate you .... if she didn't do that on your first visit then what happens when/if you are really struggling???

Find someone else ... and hopefully you will bond better with the new one and therefore get more from him/her. Good luck.

i had that too and thanks to a recomendation on this site i got a new cdc who was totally different.

I found myself in the same situation as you and am going to see a new counsellor this week. I wasn't brave enough to tell my old CDC the truth, which was that I didn't have any confidence in her - I just made up an excuse. At the end of the day, you are paying out good money and expect something in return. I rang a new CDC and I was on the phone to her for over half an hour, which made me feel that she will offer me the support and advice, more than the old one.

Change...simple as that!

YOU are the one paying for the service...if it isnt being provided then dont pay for it and move on!!

or

You could tell ask her 'what you could expect from the sessions'..if she gives you right answer..eg-support/advice/kick up arse/counselling/guidance then she will know she has verbalised what her role is...if you dont she may think its OK to have a 'chat'!

Guess you could give it a try with this 'verbal', if it stioll isnt working then I would probably tell her youre disappointed, report to Cambridge! Too much poor service goes unreported if you ask me...

Change...simple as that!

YOU are the one paying for the service...if it isnt being provided then dont pay for it and move on!!

or

You could tell ask her 'what you could expect from the sessions'..if she gives you right answer..eg-support/advice/kick up arse/counselling/guidance then she will know she has verbalised what her role is...if you dont she may think its OK to have a 'chat'!

Guess you could give it a try with this 'verbal', if it stioll isnt working then I would probably tell her youre disappointed, report to Cambridge! Too much poor service goes unreported if you ask me...

Whatever you decise, good luck and keep checking in here for support 24/7!! Why did you change from LL by the way?

I agree with telling her what you want/expect from her.

Since she knows you have done lighterlife before she may think you just want to go to her to get the packs and thats it. She probably thinks you've had it all explained to you before so you would know what you're doing etc. Or maybe she's just like that with everyone, but you wont know till you talk to her about it.

My first cdc sounds a lot like the way you described yours did, but i hadn't done either diet before so I changed because of what I heard about other cdc' on here.

Ultimately if you're not happy then change, it's your money you should give it to someone who you think earns it best.

Thanks for the great advice.

I think I am going to giver her the benefit of the doubt for the first week, based on the comment Kati made about her knowing that I had done lighterlife before and just wanted the packs, (and I also want to have a first weigh in!!:D )

Then I am going to ask her about the sessions based on Olijames comments and if not satisfied will then switch.

You are all absolutely right about not speaking up when we get poor service. I have already got numbers for two other CDCs in my area and will give them a call this week.

Thanks again everyone for the adivce, it is invaluable - this forum is the best.

Day Two tomorrow...........

Take care

Saksred.xxxx

I am a CDC and for a new client - whether they have done LL or even CD with someone else before - I expect to allow somewhere between 3/4 to an hour for an initial consultation. I explain all about the diet, the side effects, complete the medical form, how to make them up etc etc etc and that leaves enough time for me to weigh, measure them, any questions and then for them to choose their packs.On the second and subsequent visits I normally allow half an hour (although if someone needs more time that is fine!) but I have some clients who literally come in, get weighed and want to collect their packs and go! Such is their lifes that some even email or text me their order before hand!! Others, and the majority, I hasten to add come in and spend a lot longer discussing problems, highs/lows etc etc etc and you build up a relationship with them over time.

This is your weight loss journey and you need someone who will be sympathetic to you and what you want.

Good luck!

I'm so glad i came across this thread!

I am a cambridge councellor and I have a few clients who come to see me (and some i deliver to) who quite literally won't even let you in the door because they want their stuff and thats it, i don't want to come across as pushy but i do want my customers to know that i am there should they need support or guidance or have any questions.

I have other who like to come in and talk the week through though not as many of these, it is difficult to decide what sort of person you are dealing with on the first day, though i do have new customers for 3/4 to and hour for the initial consultation about CD.

Do any other CDC's out there or CD customers have any tips on how to deal with people without boring them to death with the details! as i sometimes feel i do!

New clients get "my spiel" whether they like it or not!!! It's important because they need to know side effects, how to make the packs etc .... after that I tend to let the client decide how long they want to be with me ... most spend 20/30mins and some have become good friends.

As far as knowing they can contact me - on the first visit i give them a printed page with my name, address, telephone number and email addy on ... plus a link to this site!! and always tell them they can contact me if and when they need to - including when they've done well! I have one lady - who I email on a regular basis to keep in contact as I only see her for packs once a month. But when we do get togerher it is normally an hour long catch up!!!

Back