What in the heck is this?

Naturally_Stush

Please, please, please could someone please enlighten me as to why I just read that only extra lean mince Is free, despite being told in meetings that any lean meat is free? I REALLY DO NOT GET IT! Please could someone help me, as finding this contradiction just makes everything so much harder for me!

Lean meat is syn free but only extra lean mince because generally mince is made from fattier cuts of meat and all sort of other crap

The lean meat has to have all visible fat removed in order to be free. When they make mince the fat is included - if you look at lean mince it can be anywhere from 8% to 20% fat depending on the cut. Extra lean mince is less than 5% fat.

ive had ordinary mince earlier in the week ha welldont think its that high in syns

Am pretty sure its only extra lean mince thats free.
Just double checked unbranded section of shopping guide and only extra lean lamb and beef mince that are free. Pigeon is too apparently, never seen that down tesco , yuk!

Any mince as long as its extra lean. Things like sausages always need counted as syns. Meats such as chicken, turkey, venison, beef and so forth all free as long as excess fat removed. Hope that helps?

Back