what is happening to me??

ibskinny

helloo..
i don't know what's happening to me, i'm on week 6 now and have sailed through, almost too easily and now feel like i've hit a big brick wall... 3 weeks ago i started a period (sorry men!!) that is the heaviest i've ever had and still hasn't gone away. as a result i feel tired and weak, the lipotrim doc was called by the chemist and he said cos i've lost so much so fast my oestrogen has dropped causing my body to think it needs a period!! his exact words were it won't cause me any health probs and if it bothers me i can get some tablets to and i quote 'dry me out'!!!!!
then today i collapsed in agony and got taken to docs by mum to be told my large bowel is infected... so i repeat what is going on.... as a result of all the drama i've felt very ill and have eaten today. i'm disapointed with myself but in some ways feel maybe i needed to do it to get me back on track...

any advice or comments on any of the millions of things i written here would be great. thanks all
x

Ouch ! No advise sorry but sendng you best wishes & hope you feel better soon x

Not sure what is happening but I think the infection maybe being caused because your immune system is down due to dramatic weight loss (this happened to me a few years ago when I dropped 1/2 stone in a week by doing too much exercise and probably not enough food!). Once you are over the infection, I'm sure you'll be ok and will be able to get back on track. TBH, I've never heard of periods being like that after weight loss, but a trip back to the docs will sort that out as they can put you on the mini pill for a while to sort you out. (I am assuming that you are not already taking the pill in any form).

Not sure if this was any help, but I hope you feel better soon xxx

thanks, i hope i do feel better when the infection sorted, the wierd thing with the periods is i'm on depo injection and hadn't had one for 5 months, then had one in first week of lipotrim and then again a few weeks later which is now ongoing, i'd never heard of it either..

helloo..
i don't know what's happening to me, i'm on week 6 now and have sailed through, almost too easily and now feel like i've hit a big brick wall... 3 weeks ago i started a period (sorry men!!) that is the heaviest i've ever had and still hasn't gone away. as a result i feel tired and weak, the lipotrim doc was called by the chemist and he said cos i've lost so much so fast my oestrogen has dropped causing my body to think it needs a period!! his exact words were it won't cause me any health probs and if it bothers me i can get some tablets to and i quote 'dry me out'!!!!!
then today i collapsed in agony and got taken to docs by mum to be told my large bowel is infected... so i repeat what is going on.... as a result of all the drama i've felt very ill and have eaten today. i'm disapointed with myself but in some ways feel maybe i needed to do it to get me back on track...

any advice or comments on any of the millions of things i written here would be great. thanks all
x

hey - don't beat yourself up about eating !

sounds like your body needs something more than your packs.....:rolleyes:

you need to focus on getting better...and then concentrate on getting back on to the plan.....look after YOU !

Debz x

Oh Mel, I am sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. I hope you feel better soon.

Now don't go beating yourself up coz you ate, your health is more important. Just get yourself better and start anew. You have done so well so far.

x

....your health is more important. Just get yourself better and start anew. You have done so well so far.

x

exactly what I was trying to say....

D x

thanks everyone, was kind of hoping everyone would say that, i'm going to go to bed and hope i feel better tomorrow

thanks x

thanks everyone, was kind of hoping everyone would say that, i'm going to go to bed and hope i feel better tomorrow

thanks x

night night....let us know how ur doin tomorrow....

Debz xx

When you lose weight your hormone levels are altered. so I guess a dramatic change in weight could lead to a significant change in your hormone levels, enough to cause the abnormal period. In theory this may be whats happened but it might be a good idea to go see your normal gp aswell as the lipotrim doc.
Sorry if thats of no help x hope you get well soon x

thanks, i hope i do feel better when the infection sorted, the wierd thing with the periods is i'm on depo injection and hadn't had one for 5 months, then had one in first week of lipotrim and then again a few weeks later which is now ongoing, i'd never heard of it either..
im on the pill where you get no break and iv to not had a period but 3 weeks into lt i had one for 2 and a half weeks my doc said the same thing my body was due a period as i hadnt had one for so long and the weight loss probably triggered it x

Also I'm not sure how many people are aware of it but losing weight makes you more fertile so be warned! lol

Sorry to hear you've been ill! Since being on LT my periods have come earlier and heavier even though I'm on the pill and the LT councillor said that this is quite common but sounds like you are having much worse symptons plus an infection in your bowl! Your health must come first - take your doctors advice and get better very soon, LT will still be here once you're feeling back to normal.

hope you are feeling better, put your health first and the diet will be there for you when you are better.

you may need to consider the maintenance way of weight loss, see how it goes after you feel better.

good luck and get well soon xxx

Hi Nicky, I also have that coil and haven't had a period since it was fitted but sure enough, one week into LT I got my first!!!!! At first my doc thought it needed changing (due to do this at Christmas) but then that it was just the diet and weightloss. Can't say I've been overjoyed at their return!!!!

Ibskinny, I do hope you are feeling better this morning.

x

Hey hun, I hope you're feeling better! Sounds like you needed the food to get your strengh up a bit. I too have had problems with my periods. I hadn't had any for 3 years (rod in my arm) then came on in my 2nd week. Then again in my 4th week which has been on and off for 2 weeks. Luckily it's not causing me too much problems but I was a bit worried about it, but like you have been told, must be the oestrogen levels. Which makes me feel a bit better so thanks for that! xx

thanks everyone, knowing its not just me makes me feel much better, feel like im not a complete freak now!!! lol

feeling much better today, not in as much pain with the old bowel and stuck to diet today no probs, to be honest think i probably just needed to eat yesterday to sort myself out a bit. so thanks again everyone, your all stars
xxxxx

Back