What is it with Other People...?

Andrea5867

In the last three months I have dropped a little over 3 stone from a size 20/22 to a size 16 in most shops
I still have just over 2 1/2 stone to go to my target weight of 10 stone 5 (a BMI of 25)
Recently I've had comments off quite a few people at work saying how well I've done (Great) then telling me theres NO WAY I should lose another 2 1/2 stone (Not so great !!!)
I really have mixed emotions at the moment
I'm doing this for ME - not for anyone else - but can't help wishing people would keep their opinions to themselves
I suppose I look so slim to them after years of being large that they have problems imagining me as a size 12 - but it still anooys the life out of me !!!!
Has anyone else experienced something similar and how did you handle it !!!
Thanks
Andrea

my last time round i went from a size 30 and when i got to a size 22 people told me i was getting too thin and should stop, got to be honest i laughed in thier faces, told them i was still in the morbidly obese catagory and i WOULD be continuing

i found those that made the most comments were those who could do with losing weight themselves. i had always been the biggest one so as long as i was still bigger then them they were happy but as i approached thier size they got uncomfortable with the thought that they might end up the biggest

Hi!

Carry on if you want to! Don't listen to other people. Sometimes people don't always advise you with your best interests in mind.

Go as slim as you want to be. If you are truly happy where you are now stop.

With me, I am going to carry on to my goal weight because it's what I want for me.

Good luck and well done on the WL so far!

people have been telling me to stop for the last 2 stone, including my boyfriend! i think it takes a while for them to get used to seeing us slimmer, and its such a quick drastic change that they kind of can't handle it!

do it for yourself, you will know when you feel good and don't want to go any further. i would love to be stick thin and lose another 2 stone and be lanky as i'm tall but i know i look good where i am now. and my boyfriend likes me where i am now and i can fit into 12's so even though i might still be large to some people, i am happy to stop just under a bmi 25. that's maintainable for me.

hi andrea I am having the same problem ! i have approx 10lbs to go now and i am getting people saying, you will look ill, your face will be drawn blah blah. I dont feel happy yet, im getting there, but I want to be a healthy bmi .
i have just ignored people and their comments, however, i am getting fed up of it and everybody is right, because the weight loss is so quick then others are just JEALOUS of your fantastic weight loss and you must do what you want to do, dont listen to other people, I have failed so many times because of listening to others and thinking 'hey im fine now as i am' and i dont think i have ever got down to a healthy bmi in all my years of dieting because of other people putting it in my head that I am fine now.

By the way - eyeontheprize, you truly are my inspiration !!! welldone you on your fantastic weight loss, I bet you feel fantastic. all the best, welldone.

Andrea, take no notice of critics, you must go with how your body feels and stop when you feel the time is right. It is completely up to you how far you go with things. When you get to a point you feel happy with move on to maintenance.

ha ha ha!
i love it when people think they have a right to comment on YOUR weight loss.....like you would turn round to a fat person and say, i think you need to lose some chunk....or to a skinny person and say you need to eat some pies! Its rude to comment on peoples weight in the first place, and to which medical school did they go to to enable them to judge what weight you should or shouldnt be?

You do what YOU want hun! We have the same goal weight, and that healthy BMI is keeping me focused!!! I WILL be healthy....and no one on this earth will stop me!

Do it in spite of them hun! You'll show them!!!!!
:D

xxx

People are just jealous! Dont take any notice! Your doing this for you and your health! Your doing fantastically well! Keep going till your happy! xxxx

people have been telling me to stop for the last 2 stone, including my boyfriend! i think it takes a while for them to get used to seeing us slimmer, and its such a quick drastic change that they kind of can't handle it!

do it for yourself, you will know when you feel good and don't want to go any further. i would love to be stick thin and lose another 2 stone and be lanky as i'm tall but i know i look good where i am now. and my boyfriend likes me where i am now and i can fit into 12's so even though i might still be large to some people, i am happy to stop just under a bmi 25. that's maintainable for me.

Thanks for this post. I am amazed at how similar we are - height, ideal weight etc. I am in week one of CD and chose to start on SS+. Can't wait until I have stats like yours to report on minimins. Helpful to hear how easy you've found it (or not!) and tips for success.

By the way, I was ill in my early 20's and dropped to 10st. This might be heavy by for some, but for me it was awful. Made me look old (even though I was young) and tired. My ideal and happiest weight was between 11.10 - 12.5.

my friends are the same i have lost 3st and they are starting to say the same things and i turned round and said to them when i was 18st and a size 24 not one of you was worried about my figure or my health but now i am losing weight you all have an opinion I am 14st2lbs and a size 16 in some shops lol and i am not waisting away I want to get to 10/11st and a size 12/14 for me and for my health if i get to 8st and a size 8 then you can start worrying and not before.
and they then said well when you put it like that I see your point
every one is an expert lol

Thanks everyone - just what I wanted to hear
I'm not letting people dictate how I should look or what weight they think I should be - After all its my body
I'm only stopping when I think I have reached my ideal weight !!!
I think the problem is that although I look thinner in my clothes they don't see what I see in the mirror each morning when I get dressed - Ha Ha !!!
I'm still a bit like the Michelin Man and my thighs are still quite big
That aside I ordered some white jeans from the sales in a 34 waist and was really cross when they sent 33's instead
My partner said don't worry, they'll fit soon - well - just tried them on and they do fit - albeit a little tight on the waist and my thighs need to be slimmer but thanks for sending a size smaller is all I can say !!!
Hopefully if I can lose half a stone before I go away at the end of the month they will be perfect
Just need to decide how to restyle my hair too as the ends have been really brittle since starting CD - thinking of a shorter inverted bob as mine is past my shoulders with long layers at the moment
Thanks again
Andrea

Back