what is the 790 plan?

nicola444

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me what the 790 plan and what is and is not allowed. I am thinking that I might switch to this from SS as I am finding SS hard.

Thanks,

Nicola

Its the next plan up after aam. You have 3 shakes a day plus a small allowance of certain foods such as chicken, turkey, tuna, cottage cheese and some veg. It will be in your cd book and all allowed foods and weights are in there.

ss wasnt for me so I decided to do 790 and Im happy on it, it really suits me.

Hi hun

Im doing AAM at the mo, due to the jabs I had to have today. As you know i dont have a lot to lose (only a stone I think as of today) so my CDC asked me if I wanted to go onto 790 instead.

I said no at this stage as AAM is more than sufficient, in fact I feel a bit "too" full.

AAM is 30z cottage cheese/ 20z chicken/ 3 oz white fish ( cod/haddock) with 2 tablespoons of selected veg ( last night I HAD 1/3RD OF courgette sliced and griddled, chicken grilled, and some dry fry mushroom thin sliced and a few leaves of spinach ( im missing my veg!) I tend to have 2 shakes in the day ( split the 2nd one into halves for the afternoons which is my hot spot munch time!) and then after my meal I have half a shake and half a bar. This is more than satiating, in fact I do struggle to force it down. this is still SOLE SOURCE, but obv you get the meal as well.

790 is larger quantities 250g cottage cheese ( effectively a potful) or 375 if its the reduced fat one , 175 chicken breast, 175 turkey breast/ 275g quorn pieces 190g tuna steak 260g canned tuna with 3 tablespoons of veg (green salad leaves, pak choi, broc cauli, fennle, asparagus, celeriac, spinach, kale, courgette, marrow, cabbage ( even pickled) turnips.

What are you struggling with on SS, are you hungry or are you jut feeling bored of it?

Hi LIL - I guess what I am struggling with is a lot of things, no I dont get hungry but yes I definitely get bored, I am fine and can do it all day but in the evening to be honest I want to eat something, I also feel as though I should eat, it does not feel normal to me to completely remove food from my diet regardless of how much weight I have to lose although I do feel a lot better now having carbs, but I have added protein some days and this helps me to cope with the diet if that makes sense. If I could follow a plant where I can have some food in the evening I think I would cope much better, what you described e.g. two shakes plus a meal at night is something that would definitely work with me and my lifestyle.

Nicola

Its 3 shakes plus the meal.

To be honest with you, I have found the process of "eating" a bit more of a set back. On shakes only I was simply hardly ever in the kitchen, had nothing to do with shopping/ cooking for boyf or any of that business. It was just the shakes and me. Now on AAM Im cooking again, im in the supermarkets again, im thinking about food more and more. Personally, I know im on shaky ground. Must strengthen resolve!!

I completely agree that on the shakes alone- it doesnt fit with the lifestyle! My lifestyle was eating eating eating ( now its water water water!)

On shakes, it seems to me, you get what you need from the pack and that is the end of that. the body doesnt "NEED" food, it only needs nutrients, which the packs contain. this to me was really an exciting thought, that my relationship with food is to do with what I fancy most of the time and not what my body needs - if you get me.

This week Ive got slightly more adventurous with the shakes, had them hot, or had a bar instead. now ive got the orange drink too. Have you tried any of these?

Or is it that you just "want to eat"

I know we started on the same day, so we are both on day 8 now? is that right?

I dont do the 790 plan because Im starving and have to eat, I need to do it for my sake of mind more or less. I like to sit with my family at dinner time, chatting and having my small meal. For me its in my head, I just feel happier and can follow the diet easier by knowing that I can still have that bit of food and cotrol how much of it I eat. I also feel better knowing that at the start of this journey I am still keeping food in my life rather than eliminating it altogether and so I feel Im already learning how to eat and enjoy food in moderation rather than dealing wth it further down the line when Im almost at goal.

You have to do what feels right for your body and mind. Some like to ss, some of us like to do the other plans. There is not really that much difference in weight loss either between ss and 790. The main thing with the diet is, if you know you dont have the willpower to eat in moderation and you need to eliminate food from the equation altogether then ss is the way to go for a lot of people. We are all different at the end of the day, what suits one person wont suit another.

Hi Guys,

I know I can eat in moderation fine the last 10 days has proved that but for example. I travel frequently long-haul and short-haul on business. This week I have been in London for three days, in back to back meetings, by the time I can eat something it is a business dinner - no time or place to go and make a shake and I am literally weak with hunger as I have skipped lunch because I have nowhere to make up a shake that has to be drunk in 15 mins so then I have to eat and have focused on eating only protein.

I also have a longhaul flight to the states next month, what am I going to do get them to make the shakes up for me, will they do it and can they do it, I dont think it is something that I can easily sit on the plane and do, then when I am there again, I will have numerous business dinners that I must attend and to be frank, what do I do whip out my cambridge sachet, what a way to bring attention to yourself and while many of you will say this is 'positive' attention it is not really in the circles I move but another sign of weakness as I work in a very male orientated industry at a senior level - so to this end the only solution I could see was to do something like the 790 plan, stay in ketosis and when on these dinners stick to water (happy with that) and protein.

You have to fit the diet around your present lifestyle best you can and not fit yourself around the diet so you have to do what is best for you. There are a lot of people happily losing the pounds on 790, just keep drinking, follow the plan best you can while you are away and it wont be long before your posting about your fab losses!! Good luck!

Thanks Missymoo, that helps, I have been trying to fit it around me best, but sometimes I feel like I am not part of the group because I am not sticking to it rigidly, thanks for your support

Hi Guys,

I know I can eat in moderation fine the last 10 days has proved that but for example. I travel frequently long-haul and short-haul on business. This week I have been in London for three days, in back to back meetings, by the time I can eat something it is a business dinner - no time or place to go and make a shake and I am literally weak with hunger as I have skipped lunch because I have nowhere to make up a shake that has to be drunk in 15 mins so then I have to eat and have focused on eating only protein.

I also have a longhaul flight to the states next month, what am I going to do get them to make the shakes up for me, will they do it and can they do it, I dont think it is something that I can easily sit on the plane and do, then when I am there again, I will have numerous business dinners that I must attend and to be frank, what do I do whip out my cambridge sachet, what a way to bring attention to yourself and while many of you will say this is 'positive' attention it is not really in the circles I move but another sign of weakness as I work in a very male orientated industry at a senior level - so to this end the only solution I could see was to do something like the 790 plan, stay in ketosis and when on these dinners stick to water (happy with that) and protein.

FIRST OF ALL NICOLA...GO YOU WITH YOUR JOB!!!!!! It sounds like you have worked your way up really well, it's lovely to hear stories like that.

Back to CD, have you ever tried the ready made drinks in the carton?? They are the TETRA packs that you may have heared us all talking about. Firstly I ended up hating the shakes and soup sachets and thought that I would have to give up cd because I was pouring half of my packs down the sink....but then I went onto the tetra packs. I have to add about a third of water to mine (2 part tetra and 1 part water) and I love them. I even went off the cd bars..yuk.

Anyway, when you're on the plane you could take a plastic tumbler, a bottle of water, your tetra which has a straw attached to pierce the hole and hey presto...squirt it into the cup/tumbler (my glasses are huge so you'd need a large tumbler style cup) and top up with your water, give it a stir with your straw and you have a tasty milk shake...it's made with skimmed milk and tastes like nesqwik shakes.
You need to drink extra water with these as they are so concentrated.

Hope this helps Nicola.
What business are you in by the way?

xx sj xx

I dont think you could take tetra's in your hand luggage onto the plane with the current security measures but you could take them in your luggage that goes in the hold. For the plane you could take a bar (?)

Your career has to come first but I do think 790 could be easily adapted to suit your lifestyle. If you are careful with your food choices you can remain in ketosis and just manage on water during the working day, and get your packs down before and after work.

Good Luck Nicola. Your job sounds great btw.

:sign0007: I've forgotten what the maximum size of the bottle/carton you can take. I had a fare bit of beauty products in my carry on bag in April to the States and most of it got through, I had it all in a clear plastic bag, I had moisturiser etc.. and I was ok. Sorry, but as I said I can't remember the max size of pack, it is quite low though.

So as Sam said you could take a bar for the plane if the tetra packs are too big. I'd deffo get some tetras for the business meetings though. They are ready made and come with a straw...you don't want to feel ill with hunger hun :( and they just look like a small carton drink, as normal as anything. And just drink some water along with it. :)

xx sj xx

Hi Guys,

Yes, this a great suggestion, I tried to get some from my CDC before I came down here but she didnt give me any - now I know I definitely need them, I might see if I can get them from her CDC if I am travelling again in the next couple of weeks.

I am a global it consultant, so I travel quite a lot based remote from the office which is based in London, I am in scotland so I tend to commute down. I used to have to travel every week but it is now normally just a couple of times a month, the trip next month is to Tampa where the food is great!!! How will I cope - lol nightmare.

But I have been amazing not drinking alchohol which was a constant in my life before especially after a long hard day - was out last night for business drinks and had two bottles of water instead, and was amazed at how easy that was.

I always knew though doing this diet it would be hard fitting it in with my lifestyle, but to be honest that does feel like a cop out because you should not allow any lifestyle to contribute to your obesity which is what this is, I have several stones to lose. This week has been a big wake up call in terms of the fact I will definitely need alternative strategies for managing the diet when I am travelling.

Thanks for all your help and support guys, much appreciated.

I live on the chocolate tetras, they are all I have, I couldnt make the shakes/soups very well at all and to be honest didnt like the taste either. The ready made tetras are perfect for me. I have half a tetra and top up with hot water to make a chocolate drink, giving me 6 (3 a day split in half) drinks throughout the day plus my food allowance and of course my water.

Nicola I felt exactly the same during my first couple of weeks on 790, I almost felt like an odd one out with most people doing ss. But then I found others here are doing 790 too and realised even more that just because ss suits one person and their lifestyle doesnt mean it has to suit mine. At the end of the day we are all here on the same cd journey of weight loss, we are all just taking slightly different routes getting there. But please dont think that you are not part of the group or feel pressure to ss when you know it doesnt suit you and makes you unhappy/feel ill.

Thanks MissyMoo - that helps, I guess I just feel disappointed as I got through the really hard part last week on the diet, and now to a certain extent feel as though I need to reevaluate where I am going with it because of my lifestyle, I knew this week would be a test but it is better for me to be reaslistic about it.

Thanks MissyMoo - that helps, I guess I just feel disappointed as I got through the really hard part last week on the diet, and now to a certain extent feel as though I need to reevaluate where I am going with it because of my lifestyle, I knew this week would be a test but it is better for me to be reaslistic about it.

Yes you're right to be realistic hun, start as you mean to go on, and even with your meals out (making healthy choices of protein and not carb high foods) you are probably eating a lot less than you usually would so will still have some great weight losses.

And great job packing in the alchohol too. my vice was ciggies, not really ever been a drinker...although can remember many a time being pixxed up with my mates, yeah, they were the good old days lol
I packed in the ciggies 8 years ago in October and piled on the stones :mad: still, I'm glad I packed in smoking, it's just taken me a long time to get to grips with the weight issue.

Anyway, this isn't about me....( I do tend to go on a bit ).

ttfn xx sj xx

Well done on packing them in SJ - I never started luckily !! Just had a shake and thought sod it, I am just going to make it up at the office, and if anyone asks questions I will just say it is part of the diet I am on - chicken and mushroom and it was yummy. Need to go now another meeting, but thank you thank you thanky you for all your wonderful support, you bring so much to this board and your prescence is truly felt and needed.

Back