What is wrong with me?

coops

Why do I cock it all up when I'm doing so well? I've been really pleased with myself, stuck to plan, said no to things I shou;dn't have but then go ahead and binge on crap. I've just had 4 minibags of cheddars and 4 choc wafer things. I feel totally disgusted with myself. While reaching for every pack I know exactly what I'm doing, how I'm going to feel afterwards but literally say to myself stuff it, I want these NOW. Why do I do that? even when I'm close to losing 14lb And really want to lose it I CHOOSE to mess it up and not even subconcously (sp?). I've got this 'it'll be fine' attitude. But it wont when I'm stuffing my gob. I feel sick and stupid. Is there something wrong with my head?:cry:

Why do I cock it all up when I'm doing so well? I've been really pleased with myself, stuck to plan, said no to things I shou;dn't have but then go ahead and binge on crap. I've just had 4 minibags of cheddars and 4 choc wafer things. I feel totally disgusted with myself. While reaching for every pack I know exactly what I'm doing, how I'm going to feel afterwards but literally say to myself stuff it, I want these NOW. Why do I do that? even when I'm close to losing 14lb And really want to lose it I CHOOSE to mess it up and not even subconcously (sp?). I've got this 'it'll be fine' attitude. But it wont when I'm stuffing my gob. I feel sick and stupid. Is there something wrong with my head?:cry:
we all have our bad days. we need to learn how to eat again. it isnt going to be easy. i thought giving up smoking was going to be a nightmare but i havnt had a fag since last tuesday 12.05 in the afternoon. i think giving up smoking is easier than giving up food as with smoking fags are totaly abandoned. with food we can not live without it. its the choices we make. yes it is very hard. we didnt put the weight on overnight so it will take time in coming off. we are not saints and we will need our treats. stick with it. its a hic up that is now in your past.

theres NOTHING wrong with you!!!
everyone has days like this, today i went to get a packet of crisps and litterally ''and a sausage roll too please'' was on the end of my tongue...but i quickly remembered how i only lost 1lb last week instead of the 2 i aimed for, and that made me keep my pie hole shut!!!
maybe think back and see if you can think if theres anything that made you reach for the goodies in the first place?
dont beat yourself up about it, start a fresh tomorrow!!!
x

At the moment, i think it's my job. I'm a childminder and I hate it :sigh: two kids drive me mental but I've got to keep the happy, happy, be nice thing going. I'm slowly packing it in as they are finishing with me in a few weeks but they've been particularly trying today. Perhaps I was having a bit of a rebelious moment?
Forty- you're right, I really need to learn how to eat. Sounds ridiculous, I'm 32 for goodness sakes!
I'm just dreading the feeling I know I'm going to get when I've put on wednesday wiegh in :mad::(:confused:
well done hayles on the sausage roll front!

Theres absolutly nothing wrong with you head what's so ever...... And if there is, well then I presume the majority of people on this site have as well!!!

Ive done exactly the same as you, more times than I would like to admit!!!! I got throught a whole multi-pack of my boyfriends kit-kat chunkeys one day. 5 kit-kat chunkeys in one go!!!!! OH was baffled when he got home from work..... Still mocks me now about it (and that's only the time he no's about, I usually get to replace what I've eaten before any one notices)!!!!!

We're all here in this same boat because we've over indulged too many times. Like Julie said... We didn't put on extra weight overnight by doing absoluty nothing! We got to work at it together and help each other to kick these habbits that we all have

xxx

Your human hun! Your allowed to have bad days. It's not that long ago i was sneaking 12 jaffa cakes a night! You'll hit your natural stride again so don't give yourself too much of a hard time over it.

Coops I totally feel your pain - after falling off the wagon this week I'm very nervous about losing weight this week.

May I recommend searching the site for the posts that include details of an article written about emotional eating. I read it and it was like a massive light bulb went on above my head. From what you describe you were stressed and you ate something. The basis of the article is exactly what you described, that we need to learn how to eat again and how to respond to our emotions with other actions than eating ones!

I would really recommend the article if you can find it - it has made a massive difference for me.

Back