What is Wrong with me?

DizzyFlowers

As iv mentioned a million times i have tried a million diets and fail everysingle time, i thought this time would b differnt to, but suprise suprise iv ruined it again, eaten way over my points, WAY over. 2nd day in, now that a new record even for me! I want to lose weight so bad and it upsets me that iv got zero will power, well i think i have it n then i just mindlessly mess it up.

Was anyone else like this? and if so how did they stop n just stick to a diet n lose the weight? i want nothing more and i know its only me thats messing it up, n ur thinking well if i want it that bad id stick to it right? i do its just so easy to fall over the wagon, or jump off in my case.

help :(
x

you need to learn to draw a line. I've just had 2 really bad days and I have another few coming up which i know i will struggle with. What I do is think well its not every day - so i should be good those days that I know I can be. On those days I try and save a few of my points, and it helps make up for my bad days. I might still gain or STS, but in the end i know the result is better than if I just give up.

you can do it Diz :) maybe give yourself a list of little targets to work towards? I have each stone, and markers like 10% of my original weight and getting into a new BMI category as mine :)

I didnt want to read your post and run ..... I totally understand and feel for you! ..... Im the same! i lost 27lb up until august last yr and then fell completly off the wagon .. and since then ive regained at least 10lbs i think (darnt get on the scales)

I think for me i just need to be in the right frame of mind, choc is my weakness and i know that even if i have one peice or one bar that will then lead onto a huge binge, so when im doing it properly i know i need to use all the willpower i have to stay off it ....

I really dont know what the answer is .. i suppose keep trying, start a fresh each day, plan your meals, only shop for the things you need, maybe plan your shopping and your meals and only buy those things .... ummm ... and dont beat yourself up! xxxxx

:)Hi as the above posts say you need to draw a line under the past.
The key for me is to not stress about losing weight!!(i know your thinking easy for me to say)but its true be a bit more relaxed and im sure you will be getting good results very very soon.

We all feel like you do but be positive and remember we are all here for friendly advise if and when you need it.
Good Luck
Fuzzy.

Thanx guys, i think im just getting so fraustrated with myslef that i forget that today is just today and i can start again tomorrow. I think it would b easier if i had of lost weight in the past so atleast then id know that i could do it, where as iv never really lost weight, well only when i had my son and losing 9lb in the space of 7 hours doesnt count right?:D

Planning shopping sounds like a good idea, think im gna pop to asda ( aka hell, extremly packed always) tomorrow and just stock up on fruit n veg and only stuff i need, and this time il remember not to buy crisps biscuits etc thinking that i will count the points because i bloody wont! lol. il introduce thoses goodys in a few weeks wen iv atcually lost some weight and have some self control!

Thanx again, fresh start tomorrow!

Il b glad to get back to college on monday give my brain something else to think about other than food!

xx

Thanx guys, i think im just getting so fraustrated with myslef that i forget that today is just today and i can start again tomorrow. I think it would b easier if i had of lost weight in the past so atleast then id know that i could do it, where as iv never really lost weight, well only when i had my son and losing 9lb in the space of 7 hours doesnt count right?:D

Planning shopping sounds like a good idea, think im gna pop to asda ( aka hell, extremly packed always) tomorrow and just stock up on fruit n veg and only stuff i need, and this time il remember not to buy crisps biscuits etc thinking that i will count the points because i bloody wont! lol. il introduce thoses goodys in a few weeks wen iv atcually lost some weight and have some self control!

Thanx again, fresh start tomorrow!

Il b glad to get back to college on monday give my brain something else to think about other than food!

xx
That sounds like a plan!!! Well done for drawing that line. Oh and btw - there is nothing wrong with you - we all feel/have felt like that at some point! That is why we are all here and also why we can all support each other and all succeed together! Take care and good luck xxx

I total understand where you are coming from i got to my target 2nd time last year and now since i have put over a stone back on.
Now i have to draw a line under this and start fresh again otherwise the weight will just keep going on and on.

Hi and welcome to minis

Don't despair and get upset, as Rach said new start.

You will get plenty of support here to help

Good luck

M

we're all in the same boat hun and we can all do it, take it hour by hour then day by day......it takes 21 days for something to become a habit....so lets get through it day by day and after 3 weeks we'll be good to go.

I get through the first few days hr by hour and having lots of water between meals. Good luck hun x

Hi Diz, just popping in to see how you are doing.

I hope you are OK and still managing fine.

Let us know what you're up to. xx

Hiya,

Im doing ok, i started again properly on monday so il let u know how the weigh in goes. Iv been ok sticking to it this week, not amazing but ok! im getting there!

hope ur ok xx

Hey, am so glad youre back on track this week! Christmas was a big eye opener for me, I had bought in lots of goodies and things for guests coming and I realised that if I had it in my house...i would eat it! Since I started WW I havent bought any bad stuff so havent bothered about it. I think thats they key,for me anyway, if you dont buy it you cant eat it!

I just want to say never give up hope. The fact that you accept you want to lose weight is a very positive start. I like you, desperately wanted to lose weight for many years. Many failed attempts at weight watchers (to the point of shame at joining yet again - even the leader rolled her eyes one day when i walked in!), other diets and all the available medication from the GP in a bid to help me. I would lose a couple of stone, lose focus and then pile it all back on with a little bit more.

Eventually I had to resort to extreme measures and lost 5 stone with lighter life. I firmly believe that the only reason that worked for me was the fact I had this inner strength knowing I was ready and I could do it and the fact that it happened so quick! I think that sometimes you just have a lightbulb moment and it is the RIGHT time and you will succeed!

Whilst I'm not promoting that you do that way (unless you want to). I have maintained my goal weight since September and have decided to lose another stone with weight watchers as I am teetering on my healthy bmi and would like to give myself a little bit more flexibility.

Please don't beat yourself up, you know you want to do it and you WILL do it, if not now then when you are ready. Good luck, it will happen!

Back