What is your motivation??

Jellybaby1

Just wondering what everybodies motivation to loose weight was?

I just don't want to be fat anymore! I am fed up of shying away from photos because I am so ashamed and having one shop I can buy clothes from. Since I passed my driving test there was no excuse not to go to a group - so off I went and I am enjoy watching the scales go down!!

My SIL's wedding in Dec
A friend who told me I couldnt do it
I dont want to waste my hard earned cash going to a meeting to be told I have put on weight
I need to fit in more of my clothes..
But above all I dont want to be fat anymore

to be able to get and stay pregnant.

My health, I have rheumatoid arthritis and my mobility is not good, so I want to lose weight to gain a better quality of life.

1. I don't want to be fat anymore.
  2. I want to wear what I want.
  3. I want to feel comfortable/confident with myself.
  4. I want to shop where I want, not where I have to.
  5. I want to prove to the people at work that yes, I can lose weight eating 'normal' food and not a lettuce leaf on a Ryvita which they think I should be eating! lol

I was bored with wearing the same clothes all of the time (mainly black)

I want to look & feel confident

I want to wear skirts on holiday this year without my thighs rubbing together :ashamed0005:

I want to look good on family photo's and not have DS standing infront of me so that you can only see my top half :8855:

I have back problems and the doctor told me that losing weight could help. I used to enjoy sports (mainly tennis and squash) and this helped keep my weight down, but the last few years I have too many problems to do this on a regular basis so I thought I would try slimmers world, to hopefully get fit again.

It also hits home when my daughters friend called me "fatty" :eek: (young kids always speak the truth).

In July we're off on holiday (cyprus) so I hope to shed a few pounds before then.

I want to loose weight for my health, mainly, and so i can do more activities with my 11 year old and not be exhausted.
AND i want to be able to wear "that little black dress"Thing is i need somewhere to go and someone to take me there in it LOL

I was sick of being overweight, and I realised my weight put me just into the 'obese' BMI bracket - that horrified me. I was sick of feeling so self conscious of my body and felt as if everyone was looking at me and thinking about my size, which I know now they probably weren't!
Also the past couple of holidays abroad have been made miserable because of my weight. I'm almost at target now and can't wait for my holiday this year.

It is my tenth wedding anniversary in October. I was most definitely a fat bride, (my wedding dress was a size 24, but the staff at the shop delicately let it out a bit...) and I hate looking at my wedding pictures. I want my family to be proud of me, and probably more importantly, I need to feel proud of myself.

A random comment from my mother when I was 16 set me off on the weight gain path, my grandad had just died and she said "You know, he would have wanted you to lose weight". Teenage rebellion kicked in and made me think "No, he would have wanted me to be happy", so I set off eating as much nonsense as I could and piling on the weight, equating sweets and chocolates with happy. It is 21 years since then, and I am only just now realising that I am not happy, and never have been, by being fat.

So yes, he would have wanted me to be happy, but healthy too.

My main reason is my health,and a longer life!!! My lower back is a major problem exaggerated by excessive weight,with a similar response from the Doc as Cloggy got. Its already cost me a marriage:sigh:(so much for in sickness and health blah blah) and its taken a few years on my own to turn it around,but im on with it and feeling positive

To be happy with me. Always been the fattest of the family, and has held me back in life so much, want to go and enjoy my life to the full, and be healthy.
To wear the clothes I want too..not the ones that just fit me x

Motivation for losing weight is to have a longer healthier life.

I also would love to look nice in photos, as i feel that overhangs/muffin tops and double chins and bingo wings are not the look i want to aim for!

I only have myself to blame for in getting to the weight i am (and was) but im doing something about it now - ive been on EVERY diet going and have to say that in my opinion SW is the best for sustainable weight loss!

Im a whizz in the kitchen now and love cooking - and i am pretty good at it!!! :D

Yay for SW!

x

I just want to look good naked. :D

Only my husband will see it, but it'll make me feel better to not want to hide away in the dark!

to be able to go shopping and not hunt at the back of the rail for a larger size, and to feel stunning in a dress and not self conscious, andddd to not feel like i have to cover up in summer! strappy tops and shorts all the way!! xx

My son is my motivation. I don't want him to ever feel embarrassed by me. I want to give him a sibling. I want there to be pictures of us together. I want to do fun things with him. I want him to grow up seeing good eating and exercise habits.

Also, I want to wear nice clothes and feel sexy & confident again :)

To be honest I just want to look nice. I hate having my photo taken because of my size. So I want to be able to have a picture taken of me and actually think "wow i look good".

Also I don't want to be "the fat one" anymore!!

I want to be able to wear all the clothes in my wardrobe that I haven't worn since before I got pregnant :cry:

I want to feel like me again and try to persuade myself I'm not getting old :sigh2:

I want to feel sexy again for my hubbie instead of embarrassed :lilkiss:

Back