what ketosis

hypa2008

how can i know i am in ketosis and what is ketosis my cd counseller never told me about ketosis.

ketosis is when you are in fat burning mode and some of the symptoms are: feeling cold, bad breath, weak, and if you pee on a urine stick it should turn pinky purple in colour.

feeling cold, bad breath, weak, and if you pee on a urine stick it should turn pinky purple in colour.
Feeling weak? really?
I hadn't particularly heard that before - if anything, people say they feel they have more energy during Ketosis than they did before in their bad eating days! I know I feel more energised already, and I'm only on day 4! (unless it's something that happens in the coming weeks....?)

Certainly the bad breath - 20 minutes after brushing my teeth, I feel like I've been eating cold boiled eggs for days and not brushed once.
Mouthwash to the rescue!

Feeling cold, definately, especially your hands and feet - I think it's because your body realises that it does have less "immediate" energy, usually taken from digested food, so it tries to use less energy to heat the extreme parts of your body. that's my theory anyway :p

You'll also mostly likey never feel hungry (and by that I mean real, physical hunger in your stomach, not in your head).

quite a few people on here seem to say they have a real loss in their libido as well. And of course, you'll probably be peeing for England if your keeping up the water intake! and others report some temporary hair loss as well, nothing major though, just some thinning.

But certainly the Ketostix (the sticks you pee on) are the only 100% accurate way to check; at LL I think we do this quite often at meetings with the sticks provided, to check that we are all still in the zone, as it were.

Back