What music do you workout to?

jools02

Hi everyone. I'm after putting a few tracks together to make up a good workout CD to use with my rebounder. Just wondering if anyone could suggest some good motivational tracks with quite high BPM?

So far I've got:
Fragma - Toca's Miracle
Flashdance - What a Feeling
Queen - Don't Stop me now
Queen - Under Pressure
Kelly Clarkson - Since you've been gone
2 Unlimited - No Limit
Bonnie Tyler - Hero

I'm into more dancey stuff than anything. Many thanks for any suggestions!

Heavy metal baby! It stokes me right up...

Suggestions, er...only if you like metal obviously...if not they aren't gonna be much use...I only do the dancey stuff in my spin class because the instructors put it on...

rocky - eye of the tiger and final countown lol makes me run!!! haha!
things like britney spears and pussy cat dolls always make me energetic to be like them also lol x

All sorts; old Cher albums, Tina Turner, 70's and 80's rock and disco stuff, and I have mellow stuff for weights and stretching.

I listen to completely different music depending on what I'm doing. For example, my boxing mix is like this:

Linkin Park - Points of Authority
Puff Daddy - Come With Me
NIN/Bowie - Afraid of Americans
Faith No More - Be Aggressive

but my running mix is more like this:

Muse - Butterflies and Hurricanes
Dandy Warhols - We Used to be Friends
Basement Jaxx - Good Luck
Cake - Comfort Eagle
Pink (or P!nk if you'd rather) - Cuz I Can

Most of the time, though, I listen to the music that goes with the classes I teach, because although I try to do my own training on top of my classes, most of my personal workout time is spent practicing choreography for my classes. :rolleyes:

Well I've been listening to...
The Killers
Spiritualized
Polyphonic Spree

...that's this week.

But, if I was making a CD such as yours I would have to add

The Alarm - 68 Guns
Death in Vegas - Scorpio Rising

Suggestions for your CD:

Beyonce - Green Light
Kelly Rowland - Work
Cascada - Miracle
Rihanna - Shut Up And Drive
Ting Tings - That's Not My Name

Will any of those do? I'm trying to think of songs that make me want to jump up and down that are along the same lines as what you've already got (I figure you don't want Rage Against the Machine...)

mine consists of

50 cent
young jeezey
gucci maine
g-unit
plies
webbie
slim thug

plus a few more

Gangsta rap baby lol

can't beat a bit of rage!! they make you feel like your beating the crap out of your chub!

if you want something a bit more funky then red hot chilli peppers are great to exercise to.

Depends what you're into but something really intense that you get completely immersed in can be really good. i always find that an album that you have to listen to right to the end is always good. it makes you forget what youre doing! My album is Lateralus by Tool. I cant listen to the first track without listening to every other one in order. it seems to work as one unit and i get so involved in it that before i know it ive burned off 500 cals!!

Find one that works for you

:)

Girls Aloud, Britney - that poppy stuff cheers me up and i want to work out!

Also love Justin Timberlake, NERD, Teriyaki Boyz, Linkin Park, Kanye West...
Im always mime the words when i work out - makes me feel better.

It has to be the Rocky Soundtrack, i absolutley love it and it makes me work out harder. xx

Back