What on earth do you guys do for "dates"?!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm possibly going on a date next week, god I hate that word, makes me sound 13! Anyway, not decided whether I want to or not, but if I do say yeah then I don't know what to suggest doing! A drink doesn't work, err I'll have a water please. Food doesn't work either. I don't agree with cinema and the like for dates... yeah let's go sit in a dark room and not talk for a few hours. For later dates yeah, but you know what I mean. God I'm rambling again sorry. Anyway, I really don't know what to suggest! Any ideas?

What about bowling??????
or a coffee shop ????
Must admit I was rubbish at dates, Mr T and I did ours mostly in the pub for dutch courage.
Before Mr T I once went on a date to the zoo which was food n booze free x

I like bowling! But as long as we don't go to where I worked for one shift, that could work! Ice skating is a BIG no... I'm terrible... not sure me falling on my arse a million times on a first date is a good idea! To be honest, I've got no problems drinking diet coke sometimes, so pub would work too. Why do I make things so complicated?!

Look at you missy!!!A date?!?!?!

I have a simmilar dilema but nothing's better than coffee place for a first date. You'll get your skinny cappucino (if ss+ or espresso if ss) and you chat away. I know it's not ideal but should do a trick for now xxx

I'd happily (and do) go to a pub and drink water even with people who don't know about the diet, if you were SS+ you could eat in the pub too as they generally do a nice chicken salad that you can have without dressing -- hope that helps.

If you're liking him then I'd def go on the date - if you like each other then whatever you do you'll both enjoy :)

Haha I know, I spent all of yesterday complaining about being single and never having someone who I like actually like me, just people I didn't. Seems my complaining worked! Or he's just desperate after a lonely valentines!

I would only go on a 1st *date* in the day so Starbux it would be without a doubt - coffee all round :)

depending on time of day I'd go with the coffee, or even pub, I'd drink water, and say I was driving, and don't like diet coke etc. I used to drink water in the pub anyway when I was driving

Coffee shop, bowling, museum, amusement park, go karting....I think an active first date is the best thing to do so no one gets bored! Haha sounds awful but it'd be worse if you were sitting there with an awkward silence and you had to start texting your friends to pass the time :p

Well that's my two cents...hope you have a great date!!

I have free go karting vouchers that need to be used up!!! :D

I hate sparkling water... actually, maybe I'm thinking of soda water! Ha

Haha I know, I spent all of yesterday complaining about being single and never having someone who I like actually like me, just people I didn't. Seems my complaining worked! Or he's just desperate after a lonely valentines!

Oh Caroline I could've written that myself. I was convinced the only guys I ever seem to attract were weirdo's who liked me way more than I liked them. Until I met my ex (who's only an ex because of his committment issues lol).

I think the coffee idea or bowling are both fab idea's. Good luck and have fun xx

Back