Step 1 Sole Source What should I be looking for in a Consultant?

Hi All,

Having been looking around this forum I have learned more about CD than I couldhave imagined so thank you everyone. This however has worried me a little becauseI am feeling that I should already know a lot of this info. How important is itto find the right consultant? Unfortunately I didn’t particularly gel with thelady I met because she was very vague and if I am honest I didn’t feel particularlyinspired. I think I know the answer already but should I swap to someone else?Any ideas how easy this is to do?

Thanks

If there is someone else local to you, swap. There is a huge difference in what consultants do, it is a hard diet and you need to be kept motivated. That said, some people don't have much choice because of where they live and availability of counsellors.

Hi Chlo,
I was looking at maybe swapping but wasnt sure how easy it would be (and I didnt want to upset the poor lady). If pople had said that the consultants dont really make much differance then I wouldnt bother but I know from my old WW days that it does make a difference on that plan. Well done on your weight loss

It makes a huge difference having a good cdc. I started last year with a different consultant and she was really awkward to see and talk too, she didnt give me much info on the diet and wasnt really interested. This year I have an amazing consultant, shes hugely supportive and inspiring and I feel ive made a friend :)
Good luck :) xx

I think finding the right consultant is one of the key points to sticking to this diet. some weeks your going to get a result that you are not happy with and your motivation with go down the pooper. This is where your consultant will really show that they are worth the money you are paying, as they will manage to keep you focused and on track (like mine has done for me this week)

As for offending her, your paying for a service from her, if she isn't doing what you need, then its her own fault really. Just remember, this diet is hard work and needs alot of support from the right people (and it costs a good amount too) So make sure you are getting exactly what you need!

Thanks for the advice guys I did it and bit the bullet.... The new lady has already caught me up to speed and I feel totally empowered and that I can actually do this... Watch this space now and see how I go day three nearly over! :)

Back