What should I do?

JemmaBe

Silver Member
I ran 5.4km today. I have had all my syns, and all my HEXs. I am STARVING.
I stepped on the scales at the gym today (caved! They were staring at me) and apparently I've put on 2lbs, which really disapointed me, but it was in the evening and I usually WI early afternoon, had just drunk a bottle of water, and the chances of me gaining 2lbs of fat are very slim. if a pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories, then I would need to have eaten 7000calories + 1200 from excercising, which is 8200, an extra 1171 a day! Considering I have eaten 2 treat size flakes this week, and the rest of my syns on a bowl of weetabix every night I find that a little hard to believe!

Now, I am really really craving toast. Should I give in and eat toast or some sort of cereal or continue to starve? :( I've tried fruit etc nothing is working, seeing as it's water lol. :sigh::sigh:

Green...I keep thinking of free foods, maybe some rice? but I may as well just have a piece of toast and then go to bed, atleast my craving will be done with then. My WI this week is ruined anyway!

I ran 5.4km today. I have had all my syns, and all my HEXs. I am STARVING.
I stepped on the scales at the gym today (caved! They were staring at me) and apparently I've put on 2lbs

when u say 2lbs more, is that going by weighing last week with the SW scales? your home scales? or the gym scales?

today, my home scales said im 12st 6, my mums scales said im 12st 5 and SW scales said im 12st 4. they vary so much so make sure you go by the same ones :)

That's why home scales are evil when you've got a proper WI at Slimming World. I especially wouldn't trust gym scales - who knows when they were last tested for accuracy?

I can't remember who but someone here said you can "gain" up to 3.5lbs in one day through water etc - and then be 3.5lbs lighter the next morning. There are loads of reasons why you're 2lbs heavier - and as you say, unless you've suddenly jumped headfirst into a vat of chocolate to consume all those calories (what a lovely thought), the most likely cause is the scales are out.

Well done on the run!

If you WI at a group then other scales may not say the same so you haven't gained 2lb at all! If you usually WI at the gym then it would be the difference in time and the fact you have just worked out. I ALWAYS weigh more when I get back from training or a work out

I wi at home. And often pop on the scales during the week - naughty I know - but I think I may be alone in not letting it bother me as some days I get on and it says I've gained 3lbs other days it'll say I've lost 4lbs. I don't let it get to me, but I do it when I feel 'heavy' and when I feel 'lighter'... just to see if my feelings are reflected on the scales. They don't always match what I think!

But I understand that if I'm sticking to plan, no matter what the scales say at that very moment, they will go down. If not within the hour/day/3days... they will eventually. If you've been exercising, sticking to plan etc, you can't possibly have put on lbs of 'fat' in a few days. Your body is weighing more for many other reasons. I bet you haven't gained inches! That's where we go wrong, we see a number we don't like and we go off the rails and end up eating the wrong foods continually and do eventually begin to gain weight/fat.

The scales could be reading as they are because you're still holding the food you ate yesterday, it could be the water you've consumed, it could be that that day you just are a little heavier/lighter.

I understand the feeling deflated after doing your run and also eating your hex allocations and syns, but there's always free food and dont let them scales ruin your plan!

Ok rant over lol.

Good luck with the rest of your week.

Ended up loosing half a pound - doh!
I will not be succubing to scales temptation again, it does not help!

I'm actually fairly pleased with my weight loss. it's 0.5lbs in the right direction,and as I don't have much to loose it is going to come off slower. Also, my elephant in my sig moved up a notch hehe!

Well done Jemma, I run a lot (30 miles this week!) and it does make you more hungry and you will probably crave carbs, try and have a banana before your run and if you like green days have a green day when you know you're going to be exercising

Ended up loosing half a pound - doh!
I will not be succubing to scales temptation again, it does not help!

I'm actually fairly pleased with my weight loss. it's 0.5lbs in the right direction,and as I don't have much to loose it is going to come off slower. Also, my elephant in my sig moved up a notch hehe!

Woohoo!! Well done x x

Back