What should I expect from class ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by DearFatty, 2 December 2008 Social URL.

1. DearFatty

DearFatty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(28.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am joining my SW class on Thursday. I have never been to a slimming club before and am a bit aprehensive at what to expect.
    Does your weight get called out ? Whats image therapy people speak about ?
    Is it as scarey as it all sounds lol

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ikkle87

ikkle87 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    31st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    31st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(1.57%)
    Hi hun,

Don't be scared or apprehensive. Your weight is confidential it doesn't get called out, the only thing that gets said is Df has lost xxlb's this week and mrs D has had a slight gain and then they talk about your targets for the next week, if you have struggled with anything if there is anything you found out that could help others in class. Things like that. It is really friendly and a good way to get to know people in a similar situation to yourself. Remember we are all doing slimming world to lose weight.

4. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Hi hun, it isn't scary at all. You go in and your consultant will give you a talk about how to do the plan, then you get weighed and then everyone sits and has a good talk about the plan etc. Nobody's weight is read out. You also have the chance to buy magazine and books etc It is great fun, everyone is really nice. Plus you will get your sw online password.

5. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You will enjoy it, i wouldn't miss a WI as you get so many tips and advice, its a night out for me (how sad am i) lol. We often have taster night were people bring in foods for other to try, were having one next week and gives you some great ideas to help you on your menus. Go and enjoy it and take in all the great advice. xxx

6. Baloo

Baloo Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Our class is fun as well - like the others have said, we dont have our weight called out, just talk about how much we have lost and the consultant wont say that if you dont want her to. Everyone is there for the same reason and are really encouraging when things are going well but also very understanding if things arn't so good - after all, we are all there for the same reason.

7. DearFatty

DearFatty Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(28.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone - my class is tomorrow morning so at least I get started properly then :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.