1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What step ??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by janey6983, 30 March 2014 Social URL.

1. janey6983

janey6983 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice, I'm currently following exante quite successfully but I'd like to swap over to cambridge mostly for the support of a counsellor. I have a few questions you all can probably help me with, my bmi is 49 at the moment, what step would I have to be starting on? Ideally I want to avoid food, also will I need to get doctors permission??

Thanks for your help guys x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Tiggemma

Tiggemma Well-Known Member

I think with your bmi the cc'd would put you on a product and milk plan that isn't advertised. I guess you have to like milk though to do that one. Otherwise it would be a higher step with food. Your best bet is to talk to a CDC and they are generally lovely and great to talk things through with. It depends what step and what medical conditions you have, but on sole source you'll need a doctors sign off.

I hope that helps

4. Chlo

Chlo Well-Known Member

I think you will need a doctor's note if over 40 BMI, and you aren't supposed to do SS until you are under.

That said I buy three products a week and don't bother having the food I should supplement it with, I am pretty sure my CDC knows this ;) I have been on and off for a while so it seemed stupid to not go SS when they changed the rules, but if you are new to it you may want to stick to the rules. I really don't know why the rules changed, but I know I am fine when doing SS even over 40BMI so I will take the chance.

5. minus117

minus117 Well-Known Member

My BMI was 51 and I had to get a doctors note.
    I started on Step 3 for four weeks, and now i've been on Step 2 for the last 7 weeks and I lose on average about 4 lbs a week :)