What syn free treats do you have to starve off those hunger pangs?

mabbs1960

I sometimes get peckish or feel hungry (mainly at that time of the month). I don't always want to use my syns so I normally try fruit,cold meat or jacket potato but my favourite (when if I'm at work or home) is a Mug Shot - particularly like the tomato & herb pasta mug shot.

What do others do when a syn free snack is needed?

I'm terrible for snack ideas, I always have fruit and yogurt. Dying to hear what other people have, I'm getting a bit sick of the same things! watching with interest!

It's tricky for me as I'm vegan, no no free yogurt, meat etc. fruit is good but I don't always want something sweet. A jacket potato is far big and too long for a snack for me, I do end up getting stuck for savoury snacks.

Current fav which I am eating right now, chopped banana/blueberries/sweet grapes and a mullerlight coconut yogurt, lush

Fish sticks
Bowl of fruit with vanilla Activia (I normally have strawberries/mango/melon)
A couple of rolled up slices of smoked ham
A mugshot occassionally (the chicken noodle one)
A find a banana or apple really good at filling a gap if it's 4pm in the afternoon and I hit a slump
I always have a pot of homemade Syn-free delicious soup on the go. Made a big pot of tomato soup earlier and it's great if hungry and tired.

I'm another one for syn free soups. Also, save some precooked pasta & stir through sweetcorn, tuna, spring onions chopped & a couple of syns worth of very low fat mayo.

Hope this helps x

Pasta quiche, hard boiled eggs, homemade syn free scotch eggs, fruit & vegetables (apples, raw carrots, tomatoes etc), yogurts, cooked ham or chicken that's the syn free snacks I eat that I can think of at the moment, some require a bit of preparing but well worth it!

Thin Slices of apple sprinkled with cinnamon are fairly sweet and usually do trick for me if plain fruit doesn't. If you have time and the inclination you can even roast the slices.

Thin Slices of apple sprinkled with cinnamon are fairly sweet and usually do trick for me if plain fruit doesn't. If you have time and the inclination you can even roast the slices.

wouldn't you have to syn the apple if you cook it though? baked apple has syns

Coz I rarely use a whole allowance of milk (which is what I usually use my HEX for, I make up a massive bowl of rice pudding. 1/2 bag of pudding rice, milk and sweetener then bung it in the microwave stirring every now and then. I keep it covered in the fridge and dip into when I feel peckish or want something sweet. Lovely with a little blob of jam :)

I like the sound of the pudding rice, I've never used it before but sounds a no brainer!
Keep the ideas coming, I love this thread.

Back