what the heck is going on?

kitten kat

I posted on here a few days, that everyone is weighing half way through a week, and seeing losses... I weighed on 3 day...no loss... you all said, wait till weigh in...etc...which I tried, but again was curious today, just to see...

So I stepped on the scales this morning, this is day 6, and nothing:cry::cry::cry:..not lost a thing, i'm sorry but i am gonna cry... i have not broken it... i am in full ketosis..used test strips, and its dark purple, ok, TOTM, started yesterday.. so this may not help..??.. :mad:

Right so i have one more day of shakes, last shake thurs eve!..I wont drink anything before I weigh in early friday morning, buy my god..i am really a bit concerned!.. Honest, I have not broken this whatsoever!!!!..feeling like sh*t now...sorry guys, I have been so positive, but now I am really getting worried.:sigh::sigh:

aww hun, TOTM most ladys hold water :(
also is it such a good idea to weigh ur self at home ? i think it be better to get the WI at chemist once a week that way u wont beat ur self up over it, and the stick things its better to do it later on in the day, morning one will be dark purple but it should be light as poss,as the day goes on im sure come friday u will see a loss in weight keep ur chin up :)

morning one will be dark purple but it should be light as poss,as the day goes on im sure come friday u will see a loss in weight keep ur chin up :)
I did the test strip last night and it was dark purple, and the day before, it was also dark purple, its nt changing colour at all, what ever time of day I do...maybe I will just give up... i am so upset today. :cry:

nah dont give up, how long u been on LT ?
some people take that lil bit longer to get in to ketosis, are u drinking enough water ?

If your stick is dark purple you are likely to be dehydrated.... any change from the beige neutral colour on the stick means ketones are present.

Pale pink is good, really dark means you are not drinking enough fluid. Which could mean you are retaining it cos your body thinks its not getting any....

so, drink more water! I'm not sure what LT recommends but as a CDC, I tell all my folk to aim for 4-6pints daily.

Hope that helps :)

nah dont give up, how long u been on LT ?
some people take that lil bit longer to get in to ketosis, are u drinking enough water ?

This is my first week, I am in ketosis, and have been since day 3, my ketostix test strips proved that two days ago.... I just dont see the point of even weighing in on friday morning, to be told I havent lost anything, when I havent broke it... and have been so good!:cry:

If your stick is dark purple you are likely to be dehydrated.... any change from the beige neutral colour on the stick means ketones are present.

Pale pink is good, really dark means you are not drinking enough fluid. Which could mean you are retaining it cos your body thinks its not getting any....

so, drink more water! I'm not sure what LT recommends but as a CDC, I tell all my folk to aim for 4-6pints daily.

Hope that helps :)
I am drinking tons...at least 3 litres a day..I have been filling a water bottle, which is 750cl, at least 6-8 times a day?

Don't you dare give up! You are GOING to lose weight on this...EVERYBODY loses weight on this and you are no exception! If this is bothering you and making you wobble, don't weigh yourself till you get to the chemist. Also, I retain 1-6lb of water before TOTM (it varies depending what I've been eating - if I've been eating unhealthily that month, I'll retain 6).
Just keep going and you are going to see fantastic results very soon xxx

Don't you dare give up! You are GOING to lose weight on this...EVERYBODY loses weight on this and you are no exception! If this is bothering you and making you wobble, don't weigh yourself till you get to the chemist. Also, I retain 1-6lb of water before TOTM (it varies depending what I've been eating - if I've been eating unhealthily that month, I'll retain 6).
Just keep going and you are going to see fantastic results very soon xxx

Honest...i am in tears here, if I have been so good, why isnt even 1lb off showing on the scales?.. i really dont want the embarrassment of going to the pharmacy to be told i haven't lost in my first week!:cry:

then i think u should just keep drinking more water get them sticks a lighter colour, and yes go for ur WI, u might suprise ur self hun, And if its not as high as expect then see how WI 2 goes, ;)

It could be something as simple as it taking a few days for your body to adjust - this is a huge change. It could be water retention. Surely the fact that you are drinking all the water yet your sticks are dark purple implies that the water is being retained - after all, it can't just disappear. And water retention can't build up or stay forever.
It could be any number of things.
But if you stick with it, you'll get the losses - it is a physical impossibility that you won't.
There will be no embarrassment when you go to the pharmacist - they will be able to see clearly that you are in ketosis and I am sure they will have seen it before.
I think it's likely all the weight is going to drop off in a rush.
I also think what do you have to lose by staying on this another day - if you don't, you'll regret it next week and you'll start again when you've already got through so much, and shown so much strength here on the boards when you've been getting through it.
The rest of us new starters have moaned and moaned, and you haven't. You've shown you have the ability to do this - and the weight loss will follow.
Just keep going and wait and see what happens xxxx

when I had TOTM (do not now) I used to weigh an extra 5lb the week leading upto and during so please do not feel dis heartened and do not give up

Don't give up your scales could be calibrated differently to those at the pharmacy, you might be surprised and as others have said TOTM makes a difference too. Big hugs xxxx

I know, I know......but I just dont feel any better for all your lovely positive comments..I know I should, but I just feel so let down...I just cannot smile :( :(

when im weighing at home its all over the place ,, then overnight it just drops off ,,, try go to the loo more often .. i swear it comes off overnight

hey, you guys are so understanding, :)

thanks all...i am feeling a lot more positive now... I dont wanna give up..just put it down to TOTM, if my WI on friday morning is crap! :(

thanks for listening

Be positive you cant possibly not lose on this diet, you will lose weight please keep goin, be strong you can do this turn your frown upside down, I have been on LT for over 9 weeks and I was very down hearted at times but everyone here kept me goin I still get weak moments but I log on here and trudge on, believe me you will be thankfull in a few weeks, so girl turn that frown upside down because in a few weeks you need to be able to use that smile when you show off that new bod and the compliments start flowing in

Back