What the hell is going on?

lins74

Hi all

I'm on day 18 now, and I've been very good. But absolutely no weight loss. I don't understand it, and I'm getting very low & sad. I'm going to ring the doctor tomorrow to see if she has anything to say about it. I'm on a lot of medication, so could that be something to do with it?

It's so soul destroying - I keep thinking of all the lovely things I've given up for absolutely no reward. The last few days i've been very quiet on here, because it's breaking my heart seeing everyone else's weight loss, and I'm just staying the same. I'm sorry, I know that sounds really nasty, & I don't mean it that way at all.

I'm just fed up, & sad.

:raincloud:

Aw lins, try not to worry. It may be to do with your medication, so ring nd speak to your doctor, although they should have assessed what you were on before prescribing, if it interferes.

You also may be retaining water, or not drinking enough? Just keep going, don't get disheartened and give up. Keep going and work out what it is xx

I don't really know what to say, but didn't want to ignore your post.
I have had times when I've been good and it's not shown on the scales but not to this extent so i agree with seeking GP's advice.
The only thing I can think of, and I might be talking utter rubbish, but could you be trying too hard/being too strict and your bodies gone in to starvation mode and thinks hey, I'm hanging on to what I've got.
Keep posting here and don't give up, we are all here for each other through the good times and the bad. Take care x

Maybe post on here exactly what you are eating over the space of a couple of days and I'm sure one of the experts might spot something that is causing you not to lose weight. It must be disheartening for you. I do find that keepnig a record of every single thing I eat and calorie / fat content really helps.

hugs, i hope you can find out the problem! if it helps i've been really good this week and exercised more and haven't shifted a single lb!!

Thanks for replies everyone.

Starlight - I'm eating low-fat. I'm sticking to 5% fat rule, and no more than 15g fat per meal.

Brekkie this morning I had 2 slices toast with honey (no butter/spread)

Lunch today was 1 small tin of beans with toast again.

Dinner tonight is WW meal (within the fat limits)

Also lots of herbal tea, water.

I don't usually have so much bread, I usually have fresh fruit with yoghurt for brekkie.

Lins
X

Lins i don't think you are eating nearly enough as you should be. Your body needs calories to function and a certain amount of fat. I am currently following a 1400 - 1500 calorie diet a day and watching my fat grammes at the same time and am managing a 1 - 2lb loss a week without the tablets. I'm going to start taking them again in the next couple of days.

I have been using www.myfitnesspal.com to help me, its free and there is a chart to add every single thing that you eat into and it works out the calories and the fat content and keeps a track of the amounts for you. Its so easy and has helped me immensely.

i hope it will help you too

Good luck
Luv Jax x

Hi all

Thanks for all the support.

Jax, I love myfitnesspal - I've just put all of my details in. Thanks for letting me know about it. I'm sure it will help me.

Lins
X

Does anyone know how I can get my profile picture to show when I submit a thread? I do have it om my profile page, but it's not showing when I post.

Please!!!
:)
Lins

Hi again,

In your control panel there is a bit that says edit avatar, then add custom avatar, thats where you should upload your pic, it will show up on the side like mine does,

Hope that helps

Jax

Lins
It was really cool to read that thread as you got happier and cheerier as it went along. Just stick with it, keep records and make sure youre eating enough. If it's any consolation, I've ground to a weightloss halt too but I'm putting it down to having to keep still while i revise.
Good luck Lins, you'll be fine x

Hi
Thanks for your reply. My doctor said that maybe I was eating too many carbs, and as they turn into sugar in your tummy, it counteracts the low fat diet. I hope that is it, & it starts to work for me soon.

I thought you'd diasappeared Helen! What are you studying?

Lins
XX ;)

Back