What time do you have dinner?

Breakfast-7.30
Lunch/dinner-12 noon (depends if its cooked lunch is a cold meal dinner is a hot meal)
Tea-5pm
Supper-9pm My HEB.
sorry might sound weird its how i was bought up to know it.:D

So did I when I lived in the north. Now I live in the south I have my LUNCH at 1 p.m. and my DINNER at 8 p.m.

It's a north-south thing.

I live in the North and I have lunch and dinner but that is because I is a snob :p

I have my dinner any time between 5.30 and 8 pm, depending on what we are having (if it's quick or takes ages to prepare), if I am going out or have been out and how hungry I am!

I do like to eat around 6pm, sit down in time for the news.

I always have supper and for this I tend to save a B choice and have ryvita with something.

as a yorkshire lass, i have my Tea :) between 5.30 and 7 o clock. i usually have a snack later on too, either out of my syns or some fruit or something.

That's interesting, I seem to eat "dinner" (tea in my words) quite a bit earlier than the majority.

I finish work at 3pm, get home for 3.45 and usually eat tea at around about 4.30-4.45.

I find that because I have quite a busy social life (the joys of being young:)), I like to get my tea eaten so I can go out and do whatever it is I have planned.
xx

During the week I tend to have tea between 6.30 & 7.30.This is because I get in from work around 6 and dont like getting on with tea straight away I like half an hour to relax.

Ah well, very true - a discussion beckons.

As Lincs is such a big county then I guess it depends where in Lincs you are. If you are Stamford way then it's not North. If you are Grimsby way then it most definitely is :)

I say dinner (I'm from Birmingham) but my Parents originally from Gloucester say tea - however we have it around half 7 xx

I've only been on it a week and a half :) but we normally eat at 5-6. If hubby's on nightshift then we eat at 4.30. I'm not normally starving hungry but I always make sure I leave enough syns to have a little treat at 8/9pm. Something to look forward to and makes me be good all day. If i get hungry then I eat natural yoghurt and fruit and that fills me up. Or I'll have a cup of coffee and that fills me up too. :eek:)

i have mine at about 6ish because i eat A LOT and so i dont want to go to sleep on a really full stomach! sometime if i get hungry i will have some fruit or on a friday and saturday nights (in the winter) i love to have chocolate weetabix with hot milk :) yum yum x

hehe I seem to have opened the can of worms. :D

I called it lunch and dinner as I didn't know if people would understand if I asked 'What time do you have tea?' I didn't want people to think of a cup of tea if you know what I mean.

I'm from St. Helens and it's called dinner and tea here

Thanks again for all the replies xxx

well my parents it was always dinner and tea though tend to use lunch and dinner here. Mainly bcause i tend to have a cooked meal in the evenings, where as when growing up tea was always samiches and such. Annnnnnnnyway. I have my dinner/tea anywhere from 4-6.

Ah well, very true - a discussion beckons.

As Lincs is such a big county then I guess it depends where in Lincs you are. If you are Stamford way then it's not North. If you are Grimsby way then it most definitely is :)

My Mum was from London and anything north of Oxfordshire was the north for her.

My Dad was from Tyneside and he regarded Sheffield as being in the south.

It's all a matter of perspective!!!

I'm a bit weird...from Monday to Saturday it's breakfast, lunch and dinner/supper (no telling which comes out of my mouth, but usually supper!)

On Sunday it's breakfast, dinner and tea. Mainly because dinner on a Sunday is always a roast dinner, and not what I associate with lunch (a smaller meal) whereas the evening meal is a very light meal/snack after eating a big roast dinner :)

Either way...I try to have my evening meal between 6pm and 7pm...any earlier than 6 and I'm chewing my arm off by 9pm, and any later than 7pm and I feel really bloated all night :) xx

I live in the North and I have lunch and dinner but that is because I is a snob :p

Love it. :8855:

Well I'm from the Independent Republic of Barnsley in South Yorkshire and I am most definitely a northerner ;) I was brought up calling our mid-day meal DINNER and the evening meal was always TEA-TIME but have to say I tend to call it lunch and dinner now . . . . maybe I is a snob too? :D

Whatever we call it - we usually eat between 7-8pm and I always thought it was quite late compared to all my family and friends who tend to eat between 5-6pm. Now I reckon I'm pretty normal after seeing so many others that eat around the same time as us.

I normally have tea about 6. Then about 8 I have fruit usually with a syn free yoghurt, partly because I like having something sweet but also to stop any munching of unnecessary foods.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back