What to do with a leek....

law3a3m

Gold Member
I'm not a veg person I'm really not but I am trying to become one lol! I've got 2 leeks, one I used in a stew but looking for ideas and what I could do with the other? I dont like soup so that rules out leek and potato soups :-(

Very finely slice it. Grate some carrots. Spray a pan with frylight and cook the leek and onions until soft. It's lovely with some salmon and mashed potatoes or pork steaks.....

Otherwise, slice your leek finely, fry in frylight. Add a crushed garlic clove, add a spoon of 0% fromage frais or creme fraiche. Lovely with grilled meat or fish.

Or, boil your leek until tender. Put it in a dish and pour over some low fat salad dressing - vinaigrette. Allow to cool and eat as a starter.

Chicken and leek risotto?

Fry onion, leek and garlic in fry light until soft, add chicken until soft.
Add risotto rice and stir for a few minutes to absorb onion and leek flavour.
Slowly add chicken stock a ladle at a time until all liquid absorbed and rice cooked.
If you want you can then take off heat ad stir through a spoonful of extra light Philly. ( def would recommend!)

This is one of my all time favs!! You can make it more indulgent with a small glass of white wine added before you start adding stock ;-)

Back