What to do?

Scrapmouse

UP to now I have been very focused and strict with myself on the Lighter Life diet. I have never lost less than 3lbs per week and I finished the 100 days on Monday having lost a total of 64 lbs. I am thrilled to bits with my loss and ther is a huge difference in me.

BUT since yesterday I have started picking! I cannot believe myself. I know that I am under pressure but since my birthday party on Sunday (Lots of cheesecake for everyone else and so on) the leftovers have been calling to me from the fridge. I really want to do another 4 weeks but today has been a disaster.

I am just about to throw everything out and try to get a grip on myself. I want to lose another stone before I do RTM.

So, do I hang on in there, put today behind me and press on to my target?

Or, do I think about doing RTM sooner as I have started to pick and may have broken my focus?

What do you think?

If I tell you that I am nursing my terminally ill husband, that will answer the question. He is deteriorating rapidly and life is very stressful.

I have lost all this weight despite the situation and am determined that I shan't go back to my old ways but now I am feeling very insecure about myself.

Bit of a difficult one really isn't it?

Hi Sally

I would try to put today behind me. No crooked thinking, you havent lost your motivation for ever, you CAN get back into it and get to your goal and then on to the RTM as you had planned. You have done fantastically well and it would be a shame not to carry on to the end of the journey. Dont get me wrong, if you really feel that you have gone as far as you want to then fine, but dont write off everything you have done so far because you have had a day or two of nibbling. Only a little longer and you will have achieved what you set out to do. You deserve and big slap on the back for the effort you have put in and what you have achieved. Try and get back into it, find your motivation again and lose that last little bit. You will be so proud of yourself.

Good luck, I will be watching your progress with interest.

Right, cheesecake in the bin. I asked my son (aged 22) to help me to clear out the fridge of anything that will tempt me. He was glad to oblige but helped himself to a serving of almost everything before he did! (The joys of being a rugby player and very fit as well as having an enormous appetite!)

Tomorrow is another day. I shall really work at getting it right and put today's slip-ups behind me. I want to get to 12 and half stones before I start RTM and that means another stone. Pity to spoil the whole thing by not keeping on until my target (Well, it isn't all spoilt but you get my drift!)

Thank you Sandra and Toller-girl for your replies.

Hi Sally

in all honesty your picking was one day out of over 100 and to be honest I think there's a chance that it happened because psychologically you've 'finished' the 100 days so that bit's over. I've said before that I've seen people struggle because they have passed that barrier, it's a mindset thing.

I think you do amazignly well sticking to this diet while managing the other stresses that are happening in your life, all credit to you for that.

So please put yesterday in the bin along with those leftovers and just move forward to reaching your goal ..... keep us posted.

What an awful time you're having, I'm so sorry :gen126:

Whatever you do, do NOT beat yourself up over this, you're going through such an awful time and I think most people wouldnt've have done as well as you have up until now.
:flowers:

Take it one day at a time and see how it goes. Only you know what's right for you, and if you don't feel strong enough right now, maybe going into RTM early would mean you could at least maintain your current weight loss and try to lose more when you feel up to it.

New day, new start! Thanks for your helpful and supportive replies. Good to get a sense of perspective on it all. Now I need to just get on with it as I have for the last 14 weeks.

Katie, I think you are right about the 100 days and mind set. But I still have 28 more days to go and I need to focus on those now.

This is a great place for support. I am hoping for a quiet day today as my mum is coming to help me for a bit.

Hi Sally Remember me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have done amazingly!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done to you!!!! I imagine you look fantastic!!!!!

Please feel free to email me on [email protected]

Hope to hear from you very soon

Thinkig of you and sending you my wishes

Mandy
xxx

Back