What to have with laughing cow triangles

d14

Craving something cheesy today, already had 2 of the light triangles at breakfast but I'm allowed up to 5...so I'm wondering what else I can have them with?

Already used my heB, don't want to have more bread as syns..

I put 2 triangles in a bowl and mixed woth some chilli & garlic seasoning mix together and stuff into a chicken breast, wrap in some bacon (fat removed), wrap in tinfoil and chuck in the oven. Beautiful with some fresh steam veg and baby potaoes - yummy :eating:

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned i'm a vegetarian!

I melt mine in a pot with a little dash of milk and pour over cauliflower, you can even add a dash of worcestershire sauce if your allowed (sorry not a vegitarian so dont really know)

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it is only the EXTRA light triangles which are vegetarian friendly. The ones in the purple box. I believe you can have six of these as a HEA.

Can someone please confirm this?

From Laughing Cow website
[h=3]Are The Laughing Cow® products suitable for vegetarians?[/h]Yes, The Laughing Cow® Wedges, Mini Babybel® Cheese and The Laughing Cow® Smooth Sensations™ Cream Cheese Spread are suitable for vegetarians. The rennet used in Mini Babybel® is derived from a dairy yeast and is appropriate for vegetarian diets.

Mash laughing cow in mashed pot, or bake a pot cut in half - take out insides and mash with LC and seasoning and put back into oven. Or make an omelette and add LC before grilling. Or mix with seasoning and dip carrot sticks in.

I know I'm late on this, was just looking through the hex subforum lol but a friend at work used to do sw and she said she just either used to eat these on their own or with a sliced tomato!! Could even spread them onto your hexb bread or crispbreads yum or mix them into pasta!! :) x

What about spreading a laughing cow on scan bran! I know its not to everyones taste but people in group are having fab results with the scan bran. If it doesnt float your boat eating it, you can always use it on dry feet to smooth them out ha ha

You can use 6 Extra Light Laughing Cow triangles on a pizza.
Make the base using Smash, mix packet of Smash with half the boiling water required. Once mixed, knead together into a dough. Place on a floured chopping board and roll out. Tidy edges and then turn onto a pizza oven tray (with parchment if available). Cook in the oven for 30-40minutes and turn over after 15 mins.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan (using fry light) Fry: 1 medium onion finely chopped, 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped, 2-3 mushrooms sliced (depending on size). Add red pepper sliced and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook these ingredients for approx 5 minutes until browned off. Add 2 med firm tomatoes halved and then sliced and cook for approx 1-2 minutes.
Remove base form oven and spread with passata. Cut 6 laughing cow triangles into small pieces and spread onto the base, leaving some for the top.
Carefully layer the tomato/onion mix onto the base and top with remaining LCTrianges. Season with dried/minced garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook in the oven until cooked through
Enjoy hot or cold.

Instant mash (smash) original is free on green and EE.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone. Tried them before on scan bran just I just hate scan bran. I'm currently using them on toast (heB) or sometimes with quorn chicken dippers, burgers, etc.

The pizza is Free on Green Plan and EE plan and is seriously tasty. The Cheese is a Healthy Extra. You can also add other foods to suit your taste and fit in with your plan.

CathySW said:
Make the base using Smash, mix packet of Smash with half the boiling water required. Once mixed, knead together into a dough. Place on a floured chopping board and roll out. Tidy edges and then turn onto a pizza oven tray (with parchment if available). Cook in the oven for 30-40minutes and turn over after 15 mins.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan (using fry light) Fry: 1 medium onion finely chopped, 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped, 2-3 mushrooms sliced (depending on size). Add red pepper sliced and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook these ingredients for approx 5 minutes until browned off. Add 2 med firm tomatoes halved and then sliced and cook for approx 1-2 minutes.
Remove base form oven and spread with passata. Cut 6 laughing cow triangles into small pieces and spread onto the base, leaving some for the top.
Carefully layer the tomato/onion mix onto the base and top with remaining LCTrianges. Season with dried/minced garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook in the oven until cooked through
Enjoy hot or cold.

Ooh I have had SW pizza but it never occurred to me to use LC...TA V MUCH

Make the base using Smash, mix packet of Smash with half the boiling water required. Once mixed, knead together into a dough. Place on a floured chopping board and roll out. .

OH MY FREAKING GOD that is awsome!!!! how the hell did you ever think of that? i am speechless.

i love pizza and just thought i was destined to never eat it again you are an absolute legend

*runs off to find some smash*

I have now started using laughing cow triangles to replace mayo! I had a pitta yesterday and spread some LC triangles on it, then put in my fillings..was really nice :)

I have just got some lauging cow extra light, can I really have 6 a day? lol, I am a pescatarian (eat only fish and not any meat) great idea using them to replace mayo, could mix with a little milk to thin it out then mix with my tuna to fill a baked potato x

Back