What true story have you read which was really enthralling?

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey for me, about a man and his stint in rehab to put his life back together. Couldn't put it down.

A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen was also really touching. Especially to a cat lover like myself!

Yes, I read that and thought it was so good, but also very uncomfortable reading in a way in some places. Have you read the second book My Friend Leonard? It's really good too.

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey for me, about a man and his stint in rehab to put his life back together. Couldn't put it down.

A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen was also really touching. Especially to a cat lover like myself!

PS I might have to read the cat one too as I have two little furry friends myself :)

Joanna Lees - No Turning Back.

It's the girl who's boyfriend was murdered in the outback (Peter Falconio)'s book and its although its a very sad and tense read, it is completely enthralling.

I like A perfect victim, its the true story of the girl in the box/ story of O. A girl who was kidnapped and held as a slave in america, very interesting read.

I also read a book recently that was based on fact about abuse in a young boys juvenile detention centre type place, it was very interesting and still based in the type of genre I like. I cant read all the tales of sexual abuse towards children etc, its just too depressing and upsetting for my liking.x.x.

The other book was called The Bone Yard by Jefferson Bass, the first few pages took some getting through but Im so glad I stuck with it. Not what I was expecting it to be like by the end but very enjoyable .x.x.

I read Pelzer's A Child Called It and the other two books he wrote years ago, and it kind of haunted me, but when I read it again, I couldn't help but think some of it was very exaggerated and doesn't really add up, like a young undernourished boy would be dead if these things happened, and there's been official scrutiny into the legitimacy of his claims.

A great book (and very disturbing) I read, though, is Today, I'm Alice written by Alice Jamieson who was abused as a kid and later developed Dissociative Identity Disorder, which I recommend people who like that genre to read, though beware, she's quite descriptive with the sexual abuse she was put through, which is really disturbing.

Back