What weight you want to be?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by WobblyW, 15 December 2006 Social URL.

1. WobblyW

WobblyW Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there,

Just wondered how you all decided what your 'idea' weight would be?

I haven't decided yet. I figured I would know when I got there!? Won't I? :confused:

Right now, it just seems such a long way off, but having said that, it's approaching much faster than I ever expected.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

I keep changing my mind - based on my bone structure, seeing and finding out what my friends weigh (always more than I thought!) and relatives!! I originally wanted to be 11 stone, then discovered my 'skinny' sister is nearly 12 stone and a size 12/14 :eek: And she's shorter than me!

So I did a poll of my other three sisters, chatted to my mum and various friends and have settled on 12 st 7 lbs!! :D

4. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My counsellors decided on my goal weight, based on recommended weight according to my height. So this is what I am aiming for. But if I think I look too scawny on my way to 10 stones, I will reconsider my goal weight.

I do think it is good idea to set a weight so you know what to focus on.

5. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I have not decided what my target weight is, though I have got a long way to go.

Sonkie

6. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    I use to be around 105lbs/110lbs at most!

That has been awhile now:rolleyes:

Mentally I still yearn for that weight again... realistically from where I am now I would like to be 120lbs... eventually:)

Love Mini xxx

7. supergran

supergran Going to do this......

Diet:
    Exante
    I am aiming for 9st 7lbs but when i reach 10st i will see how i feel, Last time i was 10st i felt very slim although at 5ft2 i would still be classed as overweight!

8. supergran

supergran Going to do this......

Diet:
    Exante
    WHOOPS
    just noticed i am wrong thread sorry i am on CD790:eek:

9. mags1x

mags1x mags

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Bit of this bit of that
    Don't worry Supergran, you can keep us company if you like!

My goal weight is provisionally 8 and a half stone, which is about half a stone into the healthy zone for my height (a mere 5 foot lol) However in my adult life the lightest I was ever was about 9 and a half, but I never felt slim. So this time I want to really be slim and see what it feels like! I am thinking if I can get to 8 and a half, with an aim to staying under 9..... hoping its realistic, but I will see how I look and feel nearer the time. I am almost down to 10 stone now:D but at only 5 foot tall I still look like a podge!

mags
    xxx

10. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm aiming for 10st 10lbs, losing 5 stone. I've been 11stone before soi just decided to go a few pounds lower that way it gives me some slack to play with...

xxx

11. thinksize12

thinksize12 Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    10 stone 7 for me .... I was a stone heavier than that for my wedding so it really will feel like a huge achievement! (I'm 5'6" ... with really horrible feet!) x

12. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I have 9 stone as my goal because I felt great at 8 1/2 sone when I was 18 so added a bit more cos I''m older.

However I am now 10 stone 12 and already wearing size 10 to 12 clothes so I'm just hoping the ext 2 stone will come off my boobs calves and waist then I'll be happy

13. mindless

mindless Hair today - gone tomorra

Start Weight:
    25st13lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(23.14%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have 200lbs as a goal ('cos it sounded a good number).

Currently at 348lbs - so even if 200lbs isn't my ideal weight, I'll worry about it when I get there!

I'm sure there'll be 15-20lbs of 'empty' spare tyre anyhow when I get there so have to decide what to do with that.

14. bettyboo

bettyboo Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am aiming for around the 11-12 stone mark. Have a long way to go. But will get there eventuallyxBettyboo

15. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Me too Bettyboo I would like to be between 11 and 12 stone. But it does seem a long way off.

sonkie

16. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

About 9.7/10st.
    I used to be 9st size 6/8 but I was skinny and never ate for years to maintain it.
    Last time I was 10st I was a size 10 and looked good I hope.
    That was 7 years ago tho! :(
    But my wedding dress will hopefully be a size 10 too..

17. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi, I'm a CD crasher!! Anyways I chose 10stone as my goal weight, based on that being a BMI of 23.3, kind of middle of the healthy weight range. HOWEVER I am now reconsidering....I have lost almost 3 stone and have another 3 to lose to get to this goal that I have set. Currently am wearing mostly size 14s so I am wondering where this other 3 stone is going to come from!!! I think I will reevaluate it when I get to 11 stone, because I dont want to be a skinny minnie....I want to just be slim!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.