What were your reasons for starting LT

nictastic

Says it as it is!!!
Ok... i have been in a crappy mood today and i have been doing a bit of thinking
Why did i start LT?
What did i want from the change?
how would it change my life?
and do i feel differently now?
well i started LT out of vainty reasons - wanting to look good anf loose weight.
I wanted to look better, be slim, feel better and i wanted my confidence back.
I am hoping giving me confidence back, would enable me to finally start a new relationship(and in the grand scheme of things i suppose live to gether poss get married)
Do i feel differently now - no but now i have also thought about health and fitness ...so i am going to make this the new start of me gettinng back to enjoying it again in order to maintain my new bod ...when i get it
lol i don' t want a lot do?!
So i was wonder ingn why you guys started and if your feelings/thoughts have changed and how you wanted it to affect your life

Spent most of my 30s hating how fat I was detemined to really enjoy my 40s (ie next year)....want to be a yummy mummy

Good post Nic! Well I've been dieting since i was 14 which was the first time i joined WW. I think i was about 10st and thought i was massive! I wasn't but just bigger than all of my friends! I've unsuccesfully attempted WW approx 8 times and have lost sometimes but always put it back on, mainly through having my 3 children.
Anyway, after nearly 8 years of being with my OH he finally proposed and we are getting married on 3rd October this year! I really dont want to feel fat on my wedding day and look back and think, 'if only i had lost weight' I need something to stop me from eating and this is why i chose LT.
My feeling towards food has totally changed since being on it. I've realised that its only for the taste that i eat most things and its defo not worth the consequences (putting on weight, feeling guilty after etc) All i want from this diet is to change my outlook on food and it has certainly done that!
I know losing weight will not change my life, there will still be ups and downs but to be able to get dressed in the morning not thinking 'god i look big today' and even somedays 'why does Chris (OH) fancy me' will make me happy! x

think my reasons are pretty similar to all of you guys...i want my confidence back that i had in my early 20's. ive been a single parent since my son was a few months old and being at home with him night after night, feeling bored and lonely i just ate and ate! id like to be the person i know i am under all this weight, so i can meet 'the man of my dreams' lol. also my son starts school this yr and i dont want to be a fat mum collecting her son from school, i want to be one of the yummy mummys!

Well, I would like the self confidence thing definitely. But I also want to be a yummy mummy. I am in the process of adopting a baby and hope to travel to adopt by Oct 08. This is my last ditch effort at losing the pounds before I adopt. I would like to have the energy to run around after the little one and would prefer not to drop dead of diabetes or heart disease, both of which are in my family.

Finally I would like NOT to feel like an aul one at 38yrs!

Me, well believe it or not I was a gymnast, trampolinist and diver up until I was 19/20, so in pretty good shape really. Always confident with women, nights out, in company and without sounding big headed could hold myself well.
Then when I stopped all the training, weights daily, swimming twice a day 5 days a week and the odd run. It as slowly crept up on me.
I started skydiving in 91 at 26years old I weighed in at 13 st 8lb, this sport took over mylife and changed it beyond recognition. I became an instructor and abused my position with the girls (like ya do) it takes 2 ya know lolx. Met a girl fell in love.... deeply, then I think I just took everything for granted including her I slowly piled the weight on and become I suppose less attractive, we split after 2 years and I hit the beer big style and piled even more on. I was always the one to go for a beer with and have a laugh, but I found I was becoming more and more aggressive towards people who took the pi55 over my weight.
At Christmas me and my dad were talking which we never really have, as much as I love him to bits we never really hit it off. He told me at 42 (which I am now)the Dr. told him to lose weight or he wont see 43. As you can imagine it spurred him on to get from 19+ stone to 12.5.
I did not want to go see the Dr. or meet my maker, I wanted a girlfreind again, I wanted to stand tall, I wanted the confidence back, I want to wear nice clothes, I wanted to be proud I wanted to be happy but above all I wanted to be me again. So Christmas last, was the point at which I said enough is enough and hit the LT.
Sorry for blurting on like a burst ar5e hole, but do you know what, Im glad I got that off my chest.
ps me and dad have never got on so well! xxx

ive always been fat and when i saw this years christmas pictures i couldnt believe that the gross site i saw was me,ive tried every diet possible and even resorted to slimming pills,the ones that are full of god knows what and i ended up in hospital with pnuemonia because of them,so when i saw the mum of one of my daughters friends looking fantastic i asked her how she did it and she told me about tfr,so the same day i came home looked on the web and found out about LT,so straight to the chemist i went and started the same day.
Life has changed so much already,i can run round with my kids instead of just watching,i can buy clothes at any shop,im no longer a human dam in the bath and this summer i will be wearing shorts,so to anyone reading this and thinking about starting LT what you waiting for it was the best decision i have ever made xxxx

I've tried every diet that came out since I was 18 ( will be 44 on May 24th ! )
I always lose about 7 lbs the first week, then about 1 lb for next 3 weeks, than the weight loss always stops completely !!
I'm going on holiday to Egypt in October & don't want to be the one on the beach trying to keep all the fat bits covered !!!

Me, well believe it or not I was a gymnast, trampolinist and diver up until I was 19/20, so in pretty good shape really. Always confident with women, nights out, in company and without sounding big headed could hold myself well.
Then when I stopped all the training, weights daily, swimming twice a day 5 days a week and the odd run. It as slowly crept up on me.
I started skydiving in 91 at 26years old I weighed in at 13 st 8lb, this sport took over mylife and changed it beyond recognition. I became an instructor and abused my position with the girls (like ya do) it takes 2 ya know lolx. Met a girl fell in love.... deeply, then I think I just took everything for granted including her I slowly piled the weight on and become I suppose less attractive, we split after 2 years and I hit the beer big style and piled even more on. I was always the one to go for a beer with and have a laugh, but I found I was becoming more and more aggressive towards people who took the pi55 over my weight.
At Christmas me and my dad were talking which we never really have, as much as I love him to bits we never really hit it off. He told me at 42 (which I am now)the Dr. told him to lose weight or he wont see 43. As you can imagine it spurred him on to get from 19+ stone to 12.5.
I did not want to go see the Dr. or meet my maker, I wanted a girlfreind again, I wanted to stand tall, I wanted the confidence back, I want to wear nice clothes, I wanted to be proud I wanted to be happy but above all I wanted to be me again. So Christmas last, was the point at which I said enough is enough and hit the LT.
Sorry for blurting on like a burst ar5e hole, but do you know what, Im glad I got that off my chest.
ps me and dad have never got on so well! xxx
Thats a great reason and a great post hunni...and thats why i posted this..... i needed to say it to people who understood... when i have told none lt ppl why i wanted to loose weight they just laughed and told me loosing weight wouldn't help me get the things i wanted as i would be the same person inside..i disagree ...inside i am still the slim person brimming with confidence and wanting more from life xx

Carolyn ...Egypt its fab hunni you will love it espically if you hit target its soooo hot and when you are bigger..its not as nice (i found that out) xx

Lil, i know what you mean about the diets & pills ...god girl you are determind..i mean to start the same day youare a star

Well pretty similar here honey, at age 20 i was 10 stone! I started taking the pill and instantly gained 2 stone, i then carried on gaining weight..new relationship, comfy etc. I was 12 and half stone when i got pregnant..Millie was very poorly for a long time and nearly didnt make it a few times so i went through a lot and gained even more post pregancy until i was almost 15 and half stone!!

I simply decided that that wasnt who i was, the real me was slim, confident and ok a little cheeky! when i was fat i couldnt look anybody in the eye and it made me feel like i felt when i suffered with acne and i wasnt having that again! I too wanted to be a yummy mummy and make by baby girl proud of me as her mummy!
I finally decided to do something about it when the hospital almost refused me an operation as i was obese!!!! that did it i started LT in weeks and never looked back!!
I am now slim, confident and even more cheeky:D

P.s all those stories really moved me xxxx

and beautiful XXXXXXXXXXXXX

was that to me hun? xx

cant believe you asked that, of course xx

Lol thankyou babes that was really nice! Reading all those posts really brought it back to me what if felt like to feel really awful! xxx

course it was to you...you r xxx great story hunni xxxx

Thankyou Nic and Claire its Gaz he is a little sweetie xxx

Back