What were your reasons for starting LT

I know:angeldevil: xx

lol gaz

Hey far from a bloody angel!! xx

Did you not notice the slipping halo ...although i don't think it should be there in the first place lmao

angel with dirty a dirty face lol

Exactly nic how did it get there in the first place?!! xx

He must have been mistaken for someone else at birth lmao

Lol no mistaking gaz i wouldnt think!

Christmas was the turning point for me as well. I've struggled with my weight since having my kids, lost weight then gained weight typical yo yo dieter. Well getting ready for friends coming round over xmas I went to put my old faithful jeans, you know the ones that fit no matter what, well guess what, they went nowhere near me. This reduced me to tears, and I'm not one to cry, but hey this was a big slap in the gob and reduce me to tears it did. Tom's aunt had done this diet with success so I told myself that this was going to be it, slim Fi here I come. And as testament to this fabulous diet, slim Fi here I am. I've not slimmed down for anyone other than myself, and I suppose in times gone by when I've tried dieting I've tried to do it for other people and never succeeded. In a way I'm glad that my jeans didn't fit because I would never have kicked myself up the arse and done something about being a fat cow.
Phew that feels good.

totally know where you are coming from...i think we all have those jeans (or at least until that one day)
it does feel great to write it down, even tho you think it all the time... it just isn't the same...and soo much easier amongst people who ahve been there!
Hows the refeed going? i am scared i will stil want to shovel food in my mouth ...is it easier now you have done lt not to do that?

yep nic, I can speak like theres no tomorrow on here; there are things that I've not told close friends but have spilled my guts on this forum, cos we're kind of singing off the same hymn sheet and we're not holding any judgment. It's kinda like counselling without the hefty charge.

Don't give mini ideas lol she might start charging x

Tracey

Sitting here stuffed as a turkey,
I fell off the wagon at easter and haven't got back on it since.
I feel miserable :cry:
I needed someone / something to give me the push.
And after looking at tracey's before and after
photos have motivated me to start all over again!!!!

Good luck novice....don't let it beat you this time!!! you can do it hunni

my wake up call was also to do with jeans, i realised i had five different sizes in my wardrobe!!
I had heared of l.t through a mums friend who had success, and just knew i had to try it (after doing every diet under the sun) I realised i now had to do something for me as my two kids have left home this year (sob sob) ones at uni the other with her boyfriend. After always looking after somebody or having to feed someone it now feels very strange but i know the time is right for me,my hubby is really supportive and has found out where the kitchen is! bless.
I am now working my way through my old jeans, 2 down 3 to go... but the last pair might be a tad old fashioned by the time i get to them!!! I am sure they have got rips in them (very 80's) !!

Yeah...rips are very trendy.. you have no worries there hun xx

I was really thin until about age 20, never particularly sporty, but had a pretty well defined body and like Gaz said, without blowing my own trumpet too much, I was a ladies man and could hold my own with no problems ;)

Between 20 and 21 I put on a lot of weight - I had a long-term girlfriend so didn't think too much about my image. I had a job which meant I was in the car a lot, so every time I filled up with fuel, or needed a pee on the motorway, I'd buy bags of chocolate, McDonalds, Coke, you name it....
I was also drinking quite a lot and eating out many times a week at night.

By the time I was 22, I was known as "Fat Josh".

I was single, finding it difficult to get dates which I'd never had any trouble with before. I found it hard to buy the clothes I was used to wearing (probably a good thing in some respects as my love of esoteric clothing designers was costing me dear!!!) and I also felt terrible a lot of the time, both ill and unfit.

During my 20's, which should have been the best time in my life, I was "Fat Josh". With a few notable exceptions, most of the girls I had relationships with were also overweight too, which didn't help at all.

I've tried a few diets in the past: DIY WeightWatchers (using one of their calculators - weight loss was too slow), Atkins (felt terrible after a month as all I'd been eating was pretty much meat and cheese!), SlimFast (never lasted more than a couple of weeks max)... None of them lost me much weight really, and it all came back when I started eating the way I did before.

Anyway, I got to 29 in February 2006. I weighed a lot, I was (and still am on) blood pressure tablets, and I thought "I've got to do something before I'm 30". So, I started eating really healthily, started swimming 3 or 4 times a week and cut down on the booze (although I'd had a full year off drinking the year before but lost no weight in the process).
I got down to maybe 17.5 stone, something like that. Wow, what a difference! I got my Mojo back and "met" ;) 3 very attractive ladies in quite a short space of time!! Things were looking up!

Well, I then met someone locally who I fell for and ended up being with for almost 2 years (we recently split up for good :( ). During this time we both ate and ate and ate until in February this year I weighed 19 stone 12 pounds... Pretty much the heaviest I've ever been.

Anyway, after all that, I'm on a mission now to get thin and to get my Mojo back again! I'm determined too, that if I do get into another relationship, I'll make sure I don't slip back into the habit of eating loads, as that's what's done me over in the past.

Sorry for another long post!!

good for you josh, sounds like you've come to a real turning point :D its quite a relief being able to write down your 'story' to people you know will understand and not judge isnt it?! good luck with it x

On and off diets all my adult life, always felt fat even when I was nine and a half stone. (Silly me) Progressively got bigger over the years, same old story. Big wake up call was my brother died a year ago, basically from diabetes and heart disease (heart disease a big killer in our family). I comfort-ate for a year (was broken-hearted, still am) then decided had to do something about my weight. So here I am, determined this time. The vanity side of it will be a bonus for me. But a very welcome one :)

On and off diets all my adult life, always felt fat even when I was nine and a half stone. (Silly me) Progressively got bigger over the years, same old story. Big wake up call was my brother died a year ago, basically from diabetes and heart disease (heart disease a big killer in our family). I comfort-ate for a year (was broken-hearted, still am) then decided had to do something about my weight. So here I am, determined this time. The vanity side of it will be a bonus for me. But a very welcome one :)

Well done Cee cee, I think its all about where your head is at. You might have all the intentions in the world but if the old head isn't there with you then theres no point. Sounds like your head is in the same place as your intentions, YOU WILL SUCCEED. xx

Back