What would happen if you did a week and then...

Zayna

... ate high protein, low fat, no carbs?

Would you stay in ketosis and still lose weight albeit much more slowly?

if you eat no carbs then you will lose weight, perhaps not as fast. You can eat 20grams of carbohydrate a day on the atkins diet - so following that plan you are sure to lose weight. I lost 4 stone in about 6 months so it is slower.

now i'm in dangerous territory here of saying its Ok for you to eat. you probably wouldn't come out of ketosis because it's carbohydrate that brings you out of ketosis and skinless chicken is purely protein.

i am NOT saying that it is OK for you to eat - you are asking a question and i am purely answering it!

ha ha - i understand that it is just curiosity i am not going to do it but it is mad how different food keep you in ketosis etc ..how are you doing i been weighed again today lost another 5lb - 16.5 all togetiher now in 3 weeks x

ha ha - i understand that it is just curiosity i am not going to do it but it is mad how different food keep you in ketosis etc ..how are you doing i been weighed again today lost another 5lb - 16.5 all togetiher now in 3 weeks x

thats fab hun, stick at it, you're doing brilliant.

i have lost 46lb in 9 weeks, haven't been weighed this week as i wasn't able to get up to the pharmacy - so i will have a double weigh in next wednesday! xx

its great aint it cant believe how good this diet is though, was saying to the pharmacist today how scared i am to start eating again in case i put all the weight back on ha ha and i must admit i cant stomach the chicken soup anymore and that was my fav

i've never been able to stomach it. i tried it on the first day and i think it scarred me for life - i've tried it a few times since then but no matter what i do i just can't eat it! lol i just get 21 chocolate shakes now! LOL

Well I am on day 4 refeed and I am still in ketosis!!!! Really weird! But the weight isn't dropping off as fast as when I was on TFR Shakes - 1lb a day!!

But def still in ketosis. So I don't know!

thats is weird - so are you still losing at the min and are you just sticking to chicken obviously you dont feel hungrey as well as you are still in ketosis

No don't feel that hungry, then again when I was on the shakes I did feel a bit hungry or maybe it was just my tummy making noises that made me think I was hungry. I had a potato last night 6oz, and have been having salad and this morning I was still in ketosis, couldn't believe it. Today I have had my first fruit and some wholemeal wraps so maybe that will bring me out of it. I will check again in the morning.

When I did my refeed wk I tested for ketosis every morn and evening from day 3 onwards, I came out of ketosis sometime during day 5 when I had bread and potatoes. Nictastic has a thread up in refeed section I think on foods that keep you in ketosis for longer, makes very interesting reading.

Well I am on day 4 refeed and I am still in ketosis!!!! Really weird! But the weight isn't dropping off as fast as when I was on TFR Shakes - 1lb a day!!

But def still in ketosis. So I don't know!

Its because the body treats some of the other vits...esp protien differently, it breaks it down and stores it in a similar way, like a carb..(bloody devious body)thats why LT has precisely measured amounts of all the vits.
Not the very scientific answer but, thats why eating, even protien foods stall or slow weight loss!

Back