What would you do?

Tonight for dinner I had chicken cooked in a Schwart packet mix (3 1/2 syns) and passata. Tomorrow for lunch I am going to have left over chicken and also thought maybe I could use the sauce for the basis of another meal.

I have added the 3 1/2 syns to my allowance today but what should I do tomorrow and also if I do use the sauce in something else? Would you syn it again??

Confused!!!

Thanks

If you're making the sauce packet last for 3 meals then I would syn one meal at 1.5 syns and two meals at 1 syn.

Having said that, I do tend to syn everything I cook on the day I cook it, then count the leftovers as free the next day, which is probably naughty but in terms of weekly syns it all works out the same :)

if you allowed for the whole packet then you do not need to count it again because it will even out over the course of the week x

Thank you, I did think it would even out over the week but wanted to know what everyone else thought.

Just thought................ I sound really cheap making it last 3 meals!!

Not cheap Hun...just being food aware! I keep left overs for a meal the next day and have them for lunch generally. It keeps the cost down too!

your not cheap!
i freeze everything even mash potato so when i'm feeling lazy i've got a dinner prepared all in their own little packets!

Defo don't syn it twice. If you've synned the whole packet in the one day, treat the leftovers as free. And no you're not cheap just cooking wisely. I made a massive pot of coriander and carrot soup, and then made a curry out of half it by adding extra veg and assorted indian spices. It's lovely!

I agree with whatever everyone else has said. Don't syn it twice because you've already synned it once :)

Just wondering what schwartz mix was it? I am always trying to think of different ways to cook chicken. I'm not very inventive and I'm getting bored of what I usually have.

Just wondering what schwartz mix was it? I am always trying to think of different ways to cook chicken. I'm not very inventive and I'm getting bored of what I usually have.

It was Flavourful, Mexican Chilli Chicken Recipe Mix, dried. It comes in a smaller packet than the normal Schwartz ones. It was really yummy and I have just had the chicken in a sanwich with a little EL Mayo, lettuce and cheese (kind of like fajita!?!) delish!!

Back