What would you do?

lesleyanne

I am going to South Africa for 3 weeks over Christmas. My whole family is there and I have not seen them in 3 years! I am so excited but in a quandry as what to do about SW! I started SW 4 months ago and have lost 1 stone and 8 pounds. I am so pleased ...still have 2 stone to go!

Here's the problem.... Every meal we will have will be prepared by someone else as we are staying with friends and family around the country.

a) What would you do? Give it a break and have a wonderful time and then in January BOOTCAMP?

b) Try to be good - try to food optimise - try to cut down on booze - be a little goody two shoes?

I have tried to look up info about Slimming World in South Africa and found nothing!

The homes I go to will not have low fat options ....and what is the equivalent of muller light...where can I get this info...more importantly DO I WANT this info?!!!!

Difficult decisions but I am thinking let my hair down and have a fab time and then pay for it when I get back!

I think you answered your own question in your last paragraph!

I would let your hair down and have a good time, but still try and be cautious most of the time. I could easily gain 1st 8 in 3 weeks, and although you're going to accept being off plan, could you handle that feeling if you had regained everything you'd lost when you do get back to it in January?

I'm trying to say, have a nice time, enjoy yourself, but don't eat everything that isn't nailed down!! xx

Hi lesleyanne! I was in Oz for 3 weeks in October this year for a family wedding. I tried to stick to the general principles of the plan if it was easy to do so; ESP the 1/3 super free. If it wasn't possible, no problem, I allowed myself not to worry about it. I went to loads of vineyards & had loads of wine.

i came back thinking I would have put on at least 7lbs but I actually lost 2 1/2lbs! Don't underestimate how much body magic you'll be getting in while you're touring around as well!

so I would say look forward to it, plan loads of activities, get excited about how amazing your trip will be! Don't waste this time stressing over food! Have an amazing time!

Ahhh that is so kind of you all. Potato I had read your thread earlier about your holiday....yes I will have to do a lot of body magic!!!!! As you say I don't want to put it all on again...so I think the solution is to go carefully but not stress about food!

Are you South African? If not then as a Zimbabwean I've never known a meal with out loads of veg as well. Just sticking to the plan loosely I did this when I went on hols to Greece and came back lighter :)
Just have a blast and if you're very concerned about muller light I'm sure there'll be low/no fat yogurts somewhere :) enjoy xx

I would firstly have a great time! I would also aim to make the right decisions! I went on a cruise earlier this year (before I started SW) and your could order as much as you wanted and everything was incredible! I made some rules....No bread, no potatoes, didn't drink alcohol every night, plenty of water, limited desserts, as much exercise as I could. Felt like I could relax when it came to meals - not worrying about oil or cheese. II just needed some boundaries really! To be honest I stuck to it week 1 and was great putting 0.5lb on! Week 2 I didnt have any rules and came back 8lb heavier! DOH!

Have a ball! x

I had a ball! I put on 8 pounds!!!! I am back and January is bootcamp month! Giving myself two weeks to lose those 8....so I can start from where I left off in Dec!

Glad u had an awesome holiday! Sooooo jealous where about a u from in SA? It's been nearly 3 years since I have been home :-( I'm from durban.

Back