What you want or what you're told? *wi update*

.Nicki.

Minimin Addict
would you do what you're cdc says or do what you want?

I'm on 810 because of my bmi, I don't have a meal but I have enough milk to make up the calories, partly because I'd prefer to avoid food but mainly I can't afford it.
The milk certainly helped me through the first few days but I don't feel I need it.
I really want to do SS, I have a lot of weight to lose, I need it off as soon as possible but I feel naughty for even contemplating going against what she says.

So what would you do?

This is a tricky one. Particularly because CD only changed the rules earlier on this year.

If you were starting 12months ago, you would be on SS.

Has your doctor signed you off?
If you don't feel you need it - I would drop the milk and see how you feel then.

Moving from 810 to SS is unlikely to speed your weightloss much - of that's your motivation.

Hi Nicki
I wouldn't worry too much about doing ss,ss+ or 810. This is the 2nd time this year i have done this diet. Jan-Mar i did ss+ 1st week then 810 for the following 9 weeks (with a couple of blips in between) and i lost 2 stone. This time i have gone on ss and monday was my 3rd complete week and i have lost exactly what i lost at week 3 last time!.(11lbs) Good Luck hope you don't find it too hard making your decision.

This is a tricky one. Particularly because CD only changed the rules earlier on this year.

If you were starting 12months ago, you would be on SS.

Has your doctor signed you off?
If you don't feel you need it - I would drop the milk and see how you feel then.

Moving from 810 to SS is unlikely to speed your weightloss much - of that's your motivation.

Yep doctor signed me off, said he didn't see a problem doing any of the plans. Speeding up the weight loss was the main thing, just want to get it off as soon as,

Hi Nicki
I wouldn't worry too much about doing ss,ss+ or 810. This is the 2nd time this year i have done this diet. Jan-Mar i did ss+ 1st week then 810 for the following 9 weeks (with a couple of blips in between) and i lost 2 stone. This time i have gone on ss and monday was my 3rd complete week and i have lost exactly what i lost at week 3 last time!.(11lbs) Good Luck hope you don't find it too hard making your decision.

Thanks hun, I'm a little surprised, I would have thought it would make a little bit of difference. Will prob just take it day to day, have some if i'm hungry.

Spangles posted some fascinating research on a recent post.

I'll see if I can find it.

It was talking about diets between 0 and 800 kcals have extremely similar weightloss patterns. Very odd!

hhmmm this is far more than I understand I'm afraid as I only got given the SS option when I started. I was kind of hoping for SS+ or 810 but I can also appreciate the not having to think about food choices with SS money was also a big influence on me choosing CD also.

I'm sure there are plenty of peeps on here who can help and I see they already have, these guys have been my lifesavers the past 11 days....good luck and let me know if you go on to SS and we can spur each other on through the dark days xx

truthfully, lovey, it's a decision that only you can make.

Cambridge have their reasons for saying that people over bmi 40 should start on more calories, and since they wouldn't appear to be to do with revenue (heaven knows how many customers they lost when they first introduced this rule), it must be on health grounds.

There is also the logic that if you start on 810 you have something to cut down to when the losses start slowing... but that said, i understand how you feel.

Why don't you give it two weeks on the 810 and then cut - or maybe cut in two stages? from 810-600ish (SS+) and then to SS.

when i started this diet my bmi was over 50 and my cdc advised me that i should not do SS coz of that. she wanted me to start at 810 and work my way down but i told her that no i dont want to do this. i want to do SS to start with. she told me that if that is what i wanted to do then she would not stop me because their job is to advise me only but the decision is mine. I have been SSing for 6 weeks now and i have been fine.

my doctor signed off the docs to say i could do the diet, im assuming everyone's doc has to do that if their bmi is over a certain number. but yeah ultimately i made the decision to SS coz it was all or nothing for me.

Thanks everyone, I think i'm going to stick to what i'm doing as for the moment it's working. At least if I hit a plateau I have something to reduce to.

Oh and just been to weigh in and lost 12lbs since Monday :D So so pleased, makes the week all worth it!

That's an amazing loss! Well done!

I'm in the same boat as you, my bmi is 45 and im on 810.
I'm feeling a little down abit it all today so I'm gunna see what I've lost on it tonight and go from there if I want to cut the meals out or make them every other day or something instead.
I don't really feel I need them anyway x

Thanks everyone, I think i'm going to stick to what i'm doing as for the moment it's working. At least if I hit a plateau I have something to reduce to.

Oh and just been to weigh in and lost 12lbs since Monday :D So so pleased, makes the week all worth it!

Excellent. Well done x

Back