What's a girl to do???

Vicx

Reduction!!!!
Good evening lovely ladies,

I wonder if I could ask for your advice...

I started CD (again) in Jan on 790 and lost about 7lbs which I was very pleased with. From mid - to the end of Jan I faffed around with CD flipping between being really good and really bad. Consequently I put on a couple of pounds. I lost all motivation for CD and flipped to SW, although not 100% but followed it 80% from home (had all the books from before!) one thing I have noticed since coming off CD is that I have learnt to maintain my weight which is such a breakthrough for me as for the last few years I have either been losing or gaining and mainily the later. So although I haven't lost any more weight since mid Jan I think I have discovered more about myself and eating habits which is very valuable long term. I have also stopped binge eating as much as I used to which is also very positive BUT and it's a big BUT I still need to lose the weight. I woke up this morning convinced I'd hop back to CD to lose some more but only managed one shake after realising just how tough a diet it is. Thing is I have lost all confidence in myself and don't believe I can lose weight on any diet. I know in my heart that is just rubbish. I know SW is a successful diet plan, and so is CD but how do I stop this cycle of self destruction. Summer is just around the corner and I really want to be a stone or two lighter by then. Has anyone been in a similar place? Why is it I find it so difficult when all I want to do is lose weight?

Thanks in advance

Good evening lovely ladies,

I wonder if I could ask for your advice...

I started CD (again) in Jan on 790 and lost about 7lbs which I was very pleased with. From mid - to the end of Jan I faffed around with CD flipping between being really good and really bad. Consequently I put on a couple of pounds. I lost all motivation for CD and flipped to SW, although not 100% but followed it 80% from home (had all the books from before!) one thing I have noticed since coming off CD is that I have learnt to maintain my weight which is such a breakthrough for me as for the last few years I have either been losing or gaining and mainily the later. So although I haven't lost any more weight since mid Jan I think I have discovered more about myself and eating habits which is very valuable long term. I have also stopped binge eating as much as I used to which is also very positive BUT and it's a big BUT I still need to lose the weight. I woke up this morning convinced I'd hop back to CD to lose some more but only managed one shake after realising just how tough a diet it is. Thing is I have lost all confidence in myself and don't believe I can lose weight on any diet. I know in my heart that is just rubbish. I know SW is a successful diet plan, and so is CD but how do I stop this cycle of self destruction. Summer is just around the corner and I really want to be a stone or two lighter by then. Has anyone been in a similar place? Why is it I find it so difficult when all I want to do is lose weight?

Thanks in advance

Ahh Vicky :hug99: well done on the weight loss so far you have done so well. Also on the learning to maintain the weight that is really something. You should be really proud of what you have achieved so far.

As for where do you go from here I am kinda stuck in the same position at the moment. I seem to have been hovering round the same weight since xmas and it has just hit me that I still need to lose another 5 stones:(. But hey chin up babes we can do it together (if you decide to do SW) or if you do cd I will come over and visit you on the CD forum to check you are doing ok. I am going on holiday the first week in June and want to try and lose at least 1-2stones by then.

Good luck babes you can do it...:)

Aw thanks Sonia. I have 5 stones to lose too. I have more or less decided to give SW a proper go. CD is such a great diet but it's very hard but very quick. I would like to lose the weight quick but realistically I think SW is better suited albeit slower. Trouble is I have sat here tonight sulking and eaten my body weight in chocolate :-( but tomorrow is another new day. Hopefully I'll get a grip and get on with it from tomorrow. Good luck hun, I am sure we can lose 1-2 stone easily by June. Onward and downward! Vxx

Fairplay for sticking with CD for so long , i found it so hard and i nearly had a serious car accident because on my 2nd day i felt so faint it was just awful.

Lets face it CD is not sustainable long term, there are some people it suits and there others like myself, who havent got long term will power to stick the maintenance regime.

Its not easy hun, ive been where you are so dont beat yourself up over it, your only human at the end of the day.
Ive got 5st to lose as well so we can do it together as a group, my sister inlaw has packed in CD and she has put it all back on in the space of 2 weeks (1 1/2 stone).

chin up now hun
Ruthy xxx

vicky, its like ur in my head. once u figure out all the answers hun, can u PM and let me know? lol!

Morning all, thanks for the responses.
I pondered and slept on it last night - woke up this morning feeling positive. I know in the back of my mind how hard CD has been in the past, although it worked for me once I have gained what I lost and more but this can happen on any diet but I just can't face the hunger!. I see SW differently to CD, it is a way of life really for me, not a diet. So I guess what I am saying is that I am going to do SW from today. In fairness I have not given it a chance. I know I lost weight on it last time and I will again. So 70lbs (5 stone - eek!) to go - onward and downward from today. My goal is to have finished by Xmas. Wish me luck! Vxx

Back