whats for lunch

Aaah so glad I found this thread, I have really been struggling with lunches lately! I go through phases of being really good and prepping salads on Sundays to take in each day btu if I'm busy on the sunday it just doesnt happen and it all goes to pot!
Today I forgot my lovely pasta and homemade tomato sauce that I had last night :(

I tend to end up having ainsley harriott cous cous with tuna a bit too often, just because I know its low in syns and fills me up. Yesterday I had a sainsburys pot of 'silky butternut squash risotto' from their My goodness range which is 2.5 syns I think, and quite tasty

xx

Aaah so glad I found this thread, I have really been struggling with lunches lately! I go through phases of being really good and prepping salads on Sundays to take in each day btu if I'm busy on the sunday it just doesnt happen and it all goes to pot!
Today I forgot my lovely pasta and homemade tomato sauce that I had last night :(

I tend to end up having ainsley harriott cous cous with tuna a bit too often, just because I know its low in syns and fills me up. Yesterday I had a sainsburys pot of 'silky butternut squash risotto' from their My goodness range which is 2.5 syns I think, and quite tasty

xx

I have a big pot of Ainsley Harriott Cous Cous at work as I can always fall back to it if I don't have any lunch or if I feel hungry mid afternoon. I can eat it on it's own as it is so tasty :)

I'll be honest...my lunch was a bit crap...well...kinda nice but just not enough and i'm starving again now.

Had a ross fish steak in butter sauce at 2 syns....they are TINY! And some salad at the side.

I made spicy tomato pasta with chicken and peppers.

Diced 2 onions and 4 garlic cloves. Sprayed a pan with Frylight and cooked them through best I could.

Poured a 700g bottle of Passata in there and stirred.

Once passata onions and garlic are bubbling again I added a little bit of water to loosen as it will evaporate when cooking through.

I added about a teaspoon of Italian Mixed Herbs and a teaspoon of chilli flakes, stirred through.

Added some salt and pepper for seasoning...not sure how much, I just used my judgement...some people may like more or less.

I added just under 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (0.5 syns), this is because when I tasted it, it tasted a little bitter and this helps.

I added some red and orange peppers, again, depends on how much of them you want in there. I would of liked more but ran out.

I added some chicken pieces, stirred through and simmered for about 15 minutes to make sure chicken was thoroughly heated.

In a seperate pan I cooked about 500g pasta twists through, drained and once sauce had finished cooking through I added it to the pasta, stirred through and served.

If using pre-cooked ready to eat chicken pieces, do not reheat any leftovers. The leftovers I have I will be eating cold.

Attachments

• 20170910_132218.jpg
    20170910_132218.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20170910_133612.jpg
    20170910_133612.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 11
Lentil shepherdess pie (my own creation) steamed speed vegetables and yoghurt (muller raspberry and cranberry) with frozen raspberries and blueberries

Lunch today was 2 bacon rashers, loads baby toms and 2 potato waffles (4.1/2 syns)

So easy, I just put it all under the grill. Very tasty

Just had a bowl of soup that I’d made in my soup maker at the weekend, spicy butternut squash/carrot/parsnip/potato, yummy
3 egg muffins and a muller yoghurt mmmm,

Back