whats for lunch

home made potato, cheese and chorizo burgers (0.5 syns each), SW chips and salad.

Me too - they sound yum!

Today I've got syn free quorn curry, served with broccoli and runner beans

Oooh me 3 those burgers sound scrummy!

Smoked Mackerel Fillet, cold rice and peas with paprika for lunch today

Leftover chilli from last night today and my HEb wholemeal bread. Sadly no spread on it or anything as I didnt have time this morning, but hopefully the chilli will cover up the dull flavour

Ooo that sounds lovely. can I have the recipe pretty please?

chorizo.jpg
This is ONE serving, so the mix will make twice as much. The picture shows 4 small ones, but normally I make 2 bigger ones per person, I made these small ones for the kids) These small ones work out at just over 0.5 syns each.

One serving is either 4 small OR 2 larger burgers. 2.5 syns per serving if on red/EE 4 syns on green if using cheese as a HEA

3 medium potatoes, peeled,
56g mature red cheddar (full fat)
56g chopped chorizo (5 on red/EE 8 on green)
1 onion, chopped

Cut into quarters, and boil the potatoes, drain, mash and allow to cool fully.

Fry the onion in fry light, and set aside.

Chop the chorizo into very small squares. Add the cheese, onion and chorizo to the cooled mashed potato. Shape into 4 rough burger shapes and place on greaseproof paper and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm.

Place burgers on a baking tray and cook in the oven on 200°C for appx 10 minutes, until cheese has melted and started to brown and burgers are warmed through.

Last edited:
i did myself garlic and herb wedges,2 quorn burgers(1syn) and baked beans!

Re: whats for lunch tomorrow??..

Quick Jacket potato. 5 mins in microwave, preheat oven to 200. When micro done, spray spud with fry light and sprinkle with salt. Whack in oven for 10-15 mins and it comes out all crispy and yum. Had it with prawns in homemade seafood sauce, cottage cheese, spinach & rocket. Yummo x

I had some pasta mixed with red pesto (2.5 syns), hexa portion of rf cheddar, yellow pepper, spring onion & cherry toms

elb4160 said:
Tomorrows lunch will be leftover roast chicken and a salad

Me too! Got to love Monday lunches!

Back