whats for lunch

I'm making the world's most orange soup with some veg that needs using up: a small butternut squash, small pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, fresh ginger and a red onion! Oh, and some garlic: I've just stuck them all in my Actifry with some Fry Light for a nice roasted flavour, then I'll whizz them with some stock. It's filling the house with the most delicious smell!

Having access to a full kitchen is one reason I love being able to work from home...

Your soup sounds gorgeous. What's an Actifry?

Red riding hood i like the sound of yours. lots to pick at, which is my kind of eating!

mugshot and banana

Had my quiche, wasnt too nice due to the added beans I think, so will just have it on its own tomorrow without the beans as there's still another portion in the fridge at home.

Your soup sounds gorgeous. What's an Actifry?

It's a low-fat fryer which makes chips or roasties with just a spoon of oil (or Fry Light if you prefer, but real oil is so nice on chips I usually save a HEB for it). It uses a paddle to push the contents around and a fan to blow the oil so everything is evenly coated. I love mine, use it all the time! They're quite pricy though, I got mine second hand and even that wasn't cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-ActiF...6UOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294749847&sr=8-1

Today I've had pasta with tuna, cherry toms, cucumber and red peppers with a teeny bit of low fat Mayo and low fat natural yoghurt with some cherries for afters :)

Homemade houmous sounds like a good idea: what recipe do you use? I tried to make some ages ago with Quark but it was awful!

I just used chickpeas, a little of the liquid from the tin, garlic, lemon juice and chilli powder and a little salt and blended it. I've made my own houmous for years all I did this time was miss out the tahini. Try it - it only takes 5 minutes to make :)

It's a low-fat fryer which makes chips or roasties with just a spoon of oil (or Fry Light if you prefer, but real oil is so nice on chips I usually save a HEB for it). It uses a paddle to push the contents around and a fan to blow the oil so everything is evenly coated. I love mine, use it all the time! They're quite pricy though, I got mine second hand and even that wasn't cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-ActiF...6UOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294749847&sr=8-1

Blimey they are pricey :cry:It looks great though.

bowl of home made carrot soup and a portion of homemade cous cous with veg. yum... feel really full!

I've got the rest of my broccoli and stilton soup @ 3.5syns a portion. Looking forward to getting back to syn free lunches!

Change of plan - went out lunchtime so no time to eat my soup!

Bought some M&S Vegetarian sushi instead - only 1.5syns

I had a salad made with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, tuna, new potatoes and boiled egg. I used lemon juice as a dressing.

I had sweet potato melt, recipe found in a book. baked sweet potato, with red onion caramalised in pan with some cider vinegar and sweetner. cut the potato in half and top with the onion and top with HEA of cheese and put under the grill to melt and brown up.
Was yummmmmmmmmmm and a nice change from normal jacket potato.

Back