whats for lunch

*honey said:
I had sweet potato melt, recipe found in a book. baked sweet potato, with red onion caramalised in pan with some cider vinegar and sweetner. cut the potato in half and top with the onion and top with HEA of cheese and put under the grill to melt and brown up.
Was yummmmmmmmmmm and a nice change from normal jacket potato.

That sounds really good. Did you use the syn free onion chutney recipe or make some fresh for your lunch?

I just used chickpeas, a little of the liquid from the tin, garlic, lemon juice and chilli powder and a little salt and blended it. I've made my own houmous for years all I did this time was miss out the tahini. Try it - it only takes 5 minutes to make :)

Sounds tasty, thanks, I'll give it a go.

i had bacon one slice of wholemeal bread a poached egg and a tomato was lovely not sure what to have tomorrow want to do a green day

That sounds really good. Did you use the syn free onion chutney recipe or make some fresh for your lunch?

I made it from scratch, didn't think about the syn free marmlade, but think that would work just as well.

This is the book i have been getting new ideas from

51cFlwVt08L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Kedgeree for me today ... Cottage pie topped with carrot and Sweden mash and some cabbage

Today I've got leftovers of my 'chuck it all in' salad from last night (mixed leaves, tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, spring onion, chilli, sweetcorn, beetroot, pineapple, green beans) with some roasted red pepper and onion

Got some left over mince from last night so I'm going to make a sort of 'mince bake' using filo pastry for 3 syns.

Jacket pot with ham & low fat cheese (HE) (melt the cheese a little first before adding strips of ham) followed by fat free yoghurt and 2 satsuma's. Can't wait!

tomato & herb pasta n sauce, not very excitin lol xx

I just used chickpeas, a little of the liquid from the tin, garlic, lemon juice and chilli powder and a little salt and blended it. I've made my own houmous for years all I did this time was miss out the tahini. Try it - it only takes 5 minutes to make :)

I just made this, it's lovely, thanks! I boiled an onion and tin of chickpeas to soften them then whizzed all the ingredients up it as you said. Tips for anyone else though: go easy on the liquid! Mine's a little bit like a chickpea smoothie at the moment, I am going to add some couscous to make it a bit less runny. I also added too much salt I think: the chickpea water has salt in so it doesn't really need much.

Just had sardines and plain long grain rice mixed up in a bowl with a bit of chilli sauce and a lovely green salad plus an apple. Missed breakfast this morning due to oversleeping ... can I have some oatssosimple at 4 if i get peckish?

Back