whats for lunch

brine as a salad dressing just made me almost lose my lunch

super speed soup with chopped up syn free sausages. banana and yoghurt.

Speed soup and 1 laughing cow light from HeA

I had carrot sticks with a cheesy garlic dip bit boring, i was very good though my boss came and brought us a big tray of marks and spencers sandwiches and crisps and i said no :)

I had 2 boiled eggs mixed with a tbsp of elf mayo and a laughing cow light, slice ww bread, couple new potatoes, beans and a big salad...i'm stuffed :) xx

Had a subway salad........hey its not bad it comes in a big bowl and you pick what salad you want, i had ham and turkey which is free and sweet onion sauce which is 2 syns

Went to Aldi the other day and got a pack with 2 chicken leg quarters for 99p. Took the skin off first (so I'm not tempted to eat it later when it's lovely crispy) and oven-baked them (yes, I was greedy, I had both!). Had green bean salad with onions with it. Was really nice. Need to go back to Aldi...

I made a SW quiche with onion, mushroom, courgette, tomato and spinach. I've counted 2 syns for the chives favoured cottage cheese. Used 5 eggs and I had a quarter of it with half a tin of beans. OH at work til 8pm so I might have another quarter at 5pm ish.

I got some quark yesterday ( why do I keep buying the stuff? ), so I need something to make with it.. the quiche sounds ideal.. do you have the recipe?

Early Sunday lunch - roast beef, roast carrot & red onion, swede, green beans & mash. 2 x bitesize yorkie pud's (2 syns). Made complete with Britmum's syn free onion gravy. Fabulous:D

I got some quark yesterday ( why do I keep buying the stuff? ), so I need something to make with it.. the quiche sounds ideal.. do you have the recipe?

I keep doing that too. I've bought it three times now, the first time it disappeared out of my fridge (???) the second time I forgot about it and went off, and the third time I actually got round to tasting it, and it tastes bloody awful. :sigh:

I'm not sure how you make the quiche with Quark, but I do it with Tesco's cottage cheese - I use the whole tub of cheese, mix in with 4 eggs, a little salt and pepper, red peppers and onions, then pour it all into a flan dish and top with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with grated cheese from your HeA, into the oven at 200 for 40 mins or until ready. It's good to have with a salad and a JP.

For lunch today I had my leftover Chilli Con Carne made with Quorn, Peppers, Onions, Tinned tomatoes and Hot Chillis. I added an extra spoonful of Cayenne pepper and topped it with some fat free fromage frais and cheese from my HeA - it was unbelievably nice :D

Mongoosed - I'm curious to know what cottage cheese you used and what plan you are on? I always use the Tesco Light Choices cottage cheese with chives and that's free :D

Try using the quark to stuff chicken breasts? Take the quark and mix in mixed herbs, paprika, cayenne, pepper and garlic, butterfly a chicken boob, stuff with mixture. Wrap with bacon and then wrap in tin foil. Shove in the oven and cook. Serve with yummy veggies and SW chips. Or sweeten the quark and slice banana and shove on ryvita?

I had Cheese on toast wth a salad and a plum.

I bought quark once and it sat there until it went off - didn't know what to do with it either!!

I made the quiche by frying off the veg (in fry light of course), put them into a metal cake tin, added the cottage cheese and spinach. Then added the eggs (beaten!) one at a time until the filling was covered. Cooked for around 30 mins, but my gas oven is not the hottest!!

I used Sainsburys BGTY chive cottage cheese - just checked and it is syn free, so even better still :p

wholemel pasta with some 'fried' onion, mushroom & cherry tomatoes, fresh basil,2 laughing cow (part hea) and some quark stirred in with cucumber, tomatoes and radishes. Followed by a big bowl of chopped fruit - apple, pear, kiwi, plum, blueberries, grapes and clementine covered in a raspberry shape zero!!

Back