whats for lunch

I had Taco Salad..

Minced beef fried up with a HE of kidney beans (you can have it without if you prefer) and taco seasoning. I use cumin, chilli powder, bit of garlic, onion powder, coriander etc
Served on a bed of chopped up lettuce, chopped up tomato and grated HE cheese.

You can also serve it with a dollop of salsa and mayo or sour cream but I needed to claw back on the syns.

Having some faggots instead (3 syns each) with pasta (odd i know) and some frozen veg (carrots, peas, sweetcorn, cauli)

Having some faggots instead (3 syns each) with pasta (odd i know) and some frozen veg (carrots, peas, sweetcorn, cauli)

That sounds nice, didn't realise faggots were only 3 syns each.

I think tomorrow will be one if the last 2 tins in my cupboard from before I started this thing.
Asda smartprice Irish stew.
Just looked it up and only 4 syns a tin. Worth it. ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
I think tomorrow will be one if the last 2 tins in my cupboard from before I started this thing.
Asda smartprice Irish stew.
Just looked it up and only 4 syns a tin. Worth it. ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Ahh not tried that, but great syns for a rush meal- will pick one up next time to try - cheers

chicken breast which I cooked last night sprinkled with southern fried coat and cook (less than one syn as only need a tiny bit - I put chicken breast on foil, sprinkle southern fried on sparingly, wrap and cook, take out foil and cook further 10 mins serve hot or cold), with salad and a small jacket potato

wow:D

Was wondering what to have for lunch and remembered that I had some rice leftover from last nights stir-fry and decided to try some homemade egg fried rice and.............it was AM-AZ-ING!!!

Think I may have discovered an new SW obsession!!.

oooh I used to make this years ago (pre sw). Forgot all about it - will have to do it again. It can be a proper "bottom of the fridge" meal!!!

It truly is. I threw in some wafer thin ham, petis pios and spring onion ooooooooh is was real good lol

oooh my fried rice is one of my hubbies fave concoctions -I use chorizo, onions, mushrooms, peppers, peas and corn in it -and hubby swears it far better than any takeaway one he has ever had :D

Oh Capricorn that sounds yummy too. I added the soy sauce to the beaten egg and the colour was just like the one from our takeaway. Yum Yum:D

Ooo I love home made egg fried rice. Capricorn that sounds heavenly, any ideas on the syns in chorizo though? x

OOh I've never made fried rice before, is it easy or does it take a certain level of skill?

My lunch today is going to be beans on toast I reckon... or maybe a chicken sandwich! Off to the kitchen I go to decide!

elb4160 said:
OOh I've never made fried rice before, is it easy or does it take a certain level of skill?

My lunch today is going to be beans on toast I reckon... or maybe a chicken sandwich! Off to the kitchen I go to decide!

Just made egg fried rice from the takeaway secret, omg lush! Really the secret seems to be make ur rice the day before & refrigerate. Then heat wok to hot, quickly fry an egg in it & swirl with spatula to break it up, set egg aside then reheat rice (I left out 2 tbsps oil & dry fried), add soy sauce & then just before rice finished mix egg thru & serve. Voilà :)

Back