whats for lunch

Today I had a lovely salad box... Lettuce, toms, onion, egg, beetroot, rice, apple etc then chicken with a packet of velvet crunch.....mmmmm

Jacket potato, beans, 2 x Babybel light (HEA) & randomly some spinach which needs using up! Also, apple, satsuma & mullerlight.

Just made egg fried rice from the takeaway secret, omg lush! Really the secret seems to be make ur rice the day before & refrigerate. Then heat wok to hot, quickly fry an egg in it & swirl with spatula to break it up, set egg aside then reheat rice (I left out 2 tbsps oil & dry fried), add soy sauce & then just before rice finished mix egg thru & serve. Voilà :)

this is how i do it, only i scramble my egg for about 2 mins so its still a little wet. got some left over rice in the fridge for tea tonight.

tip: if u forget to cook rice day before - u can dry the cooked rice out in the oven - spread the rice out on an oven tray and pop in the oven until it starts to dry out and cayenne pepper is really nice in the rice too :)

gonna try the rice with some chopped up bacon thrown in

Today I'm going to have smoked haddock with mushy peas and salad - am upping the S/SS ready for WI tomorrow

Pasta salad (pasta, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, sweetcorn + 1 tbsp l/f mayo - 2syns) and a HEB pitta bread. Strawberries, blueberries & mullerlight for pudding/snack.

A big salad with smoked haddock, roasted asparagus & poached eggs - yum!

Kieragh1515 said:
Do u syn ur haddock? I tried it a few weeks ago & loved it but someone told me I had to syn it booooo

No I didn't syn it? It's in food optimising book as free? I wonder why? X

Kieragh1515 said:
Ahha, just checked! I was on a green day so that's why, yippee free on EE. Shall be buying some again tomorrow, yummylicious xx

Yay! I absolutely love it :) having the same for lunch tomorrow too x

Kieragh1515 said:
How do u roast ur asparagus hun? Do u put any seasoning on x

Just sprayed with fry light and cooked in oven for about 5 minutes, I didn't bother with seasoning coz I was using them as dippy 'soldiers' for my eggs :D x

Today I was going to have a salad with some oven cooked quorn sausages (can't stand them 'fried') but just had some scan bran with laughing cow light while I was waiting and now I'm full :( so salad and sausages will have to wait for an hour!

Back