whats for lunch

Home made roast tomato, red pepper and basil soup.

Made up a big pan of it yesterday ready for lunches this week - then pigged a huge bowlful last night when I got the munchies, and had a huge pot of it for my lunch today. Not sure the rest of it will survive for tomorrow's lunch, will probably get piggled while I wait for my dinner to cook post weigh in this evening!

HM chicken nuggets, grated cheese and lots of tomatoes.

Left-over mushy pea curry :)

Aldi's Hot and Spicy Couscous, with home-made hummus and chopped jalapenos on top and tomatoes/salad. Yummy. Hadn't had couscous for ages, but this could be a favourite lunch now.

Weird combo but lovely!

1 x 800g slice of Hovis Wholemeal topped with 2 x slices of lean ham, 42g RF cheddar, 1/2 tin of baked beans with half a dinner plate filled with mixed leaf lettuce (only salad I had in but was surprising nice).

Reheated 2 day old stew - tastes more delicious than it sounds :D

Chicken savoury rice, quorn mince, red chilli & shredded sprouts

Bit of a throw together but it'll do!

Made a beef Stroganoff for 6 people, cooked in the slow cooker for 4 hrs, served with roasted veg,got enough left for the two of us for dinner.
here is the original recipe for 4 people I just added more meat and substituted veg for the rice!

Pete’s Beef Stroganoff
Serves 4
Ingredients
400g Sainsbury’s extra lean casserole steak, sliced into strips
2 onions, sliced (s)
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
150g button mushrooms (s)
1tsp paprika
1tbsp Worcester sauce
1 Knorr herb stock pot
1 Knorr beef stock pot made into 250g stock
1 pack of Schultz garlic, mushroom & cream sauce (4.5 syn/4=1.125 syns each)
350mL skimmed milk (3syn/4=0.75 syn each)
300g long grain rice
1 chilli, finely chopped & de-seeded (s)
Cupful of frozen peas (ss)

Method

Place the beef into the freezer for 30-45 mins to stiffen it, remove & slice into thin strips, cook dry in a frying pan until browned, remove & set aside.

Spray the frying pan with Fry Light and sweat the onions, chilli & garlic, add the button mushrooms & cook for a few minutes, add the Knorr Herb stock pot, mix well until the herbs are infused.

Add the beef, mix well, and add beef stock. Make up the sauce mix as per the instructions on the packet and when it starts to thicken, add to the beef & mushrooms, mix well add the paprika, Worcester sauce, (At this point you could place ingredients in a slow cooker and leave to slow cook.) seasoning & cook for 20-30 mins. Put the peas in 5 mins before serving.

Measure the amount of rice required, add 3 times the amount of water, add rice & cook for 20 mins, or until the water has gone, removed when cooked, place in a sieve & place the sieve on the saucepan and cover with a lid, allow to steam for a few minutes, until the beef is ready.

Serve on a bed of rice.

BeefStroganoff-2Small.jpg

Turkey stuffing and cranberry baguette! Weigh in tonight bit nervous. Back on 100 % tomorrow! Back to work as well.

had the leftover Beef Stroganoff................

BeefStroganoff-3Small.jpg

On a red day. Just got SW style quiche out of the oven and letting it cool before I tackle the messy job of getting it out of the pot. Got a green baby leaf salad to have with it and some melon and blackberries with Total 0% for afters.

Back