whats for lunch

Veg stir fry with garlic, chilli, ginger, coriander and noodles, zero syns EE

Ooo sounds nice! How many syns is the couscous?

The whole pack made up is less than 3 syns (I think it was about 2 and 2/3 when I worked it out - so I count it as 3)
Sometimes I have half a pack, but was really hungry today so had the whole pack! The hummus was Ermintrude's syn free from her photo diary thread. It has become one of my favourite quick lunches.

Yesterdays Dinner...............

Yuk Sung

Pete’s Yuk Sung

Serves 2

Ingredients

120g Brown Rice
1 vegetable stock pot
250g low Fat Pork
100g Mushrooms, finely chopped (s)
1 red pepper, finely chopped (s)
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
2 spring onions, finely chopped (s)
3 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (2 syn /2= 1syn)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Dash of sesame oil (1 syn /2=0.5 syn)
Salt & pepper
1 Washed & chilled Iceberg Lettuce (s)

Method

Weigh out 120g brown rice, wash in a sieve until the water runs clear then fill a saucepan with 400ml of cold water and add rice, bring to the boil then turn heat down and simmer for 40 mins.

Tip rice into a sieve and return to the saucepan, leave on the ring for a few minutes with a lid on to allow it to steam. Then put to one side.

Use a heavy bottomed frying pan, cook the mince until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated.

Add 1 Tbsp. of the soy sauce, and then add the veg stock pot, mix well, add cider vinegar, chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic & spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add the rice and mix thoroughly with the remaining soy sauce. Finally add oyster sauce.

Cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Iceberg Lettuce and enjoy!

7DayYukSungSmall.jpg

Jacket Potato with Baked Beans and Salad :drool: I can't wait!

Either pasta & sauce, savoury rice or low fat super noodles - living out of the cupboard today x

roast pepper, onions and mushrooms a splash of both worcester sauce and soy sauce served with 3 eat smart cumberland sausages...

If you go to the syns thread and type in batchelers pasta and sauce ,or Batchelers low fat noodles or B savoury rice it should come up :)

Rice with chopped spring onions, cucumber, green pepper and tomato with a mixed bag of salad leaves :)

Háve a big exam today and have left the house without a lunch!
Very hungry and only have the Uni shop to provide me with food to grab, I'm on extra easy and have already used one of my healthy extras for a piece of toast earlier this morning
Any ideas for quick shop bought filling lunch?
It's just a sPar, no hot food

Do you have acess to a microwave? How about a pasta n sauce (batchelors) or an uncle bens express rice - both have syn values but low ones - or ryvita and laughing cow cheese as a HEA if not having milk?

**punk*~*star** said:
Either pasta & sauce, savoury rice or low fat super noodles - living out of the cupboard today x

Went for mild cheese & broccoli pasta n sauce with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper - yum! :)

Today was leek & potato soup with some cucumber sticks - i had planned to use 4.5 syns for some crisps but i'm too full for them! :)

xxx

Back