whats for lunch

Todays Dinner, Aloo Gobi............

Pete’s Aloo Gobi (V) Revisited

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 Medium Cauliflower heat, cut into florets (s) (sff)
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
1tsp cumin
1tsp fenugreek
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp Panch Phoron (Asda)
2 medium potatoes cut into 2-3cm cubes (Maris Piper, King Edwards) (ff)
3 Garlic Cloves (sff)
30mm Cube of ginger
400g Tin of tomatoes (s) (sff)
400mL veg stock

Method

Place the onion, ginger & garlic in a mini chopper and chop roughly.
In a saucepan, part cook the potatoes & cauliflower for 5 mins, drain & set aside.
Heat a wok, sprayed with Fry Light lightly fry the Panch Phoron until the oils within are released, add the chopped onion mix, all the other spices and cook for 5 mins.
Add the tomato, puree & stock, mix well, add the potato & cauliflower, season with salt & pepper, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cook for 20 mins then add the peas, continue to cook for 5 mins more or until the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove the cinnamon stick before eating.

Aloo Gobi Revisited (Small).JPG

I am currently eating a brunch of grilled reduced fat halloumi 4syns, a couple of rashers of lean bacon and a tomato and basil salad- its delicious! And a big glass of water because I'm not drinking enough at the moment.

Bacon & mushroom sandwich on 2 ww bread(Hexb) and ketchup (1 syn) and a nice frothy coffee...heaven!

oooh yum, will def need to try that!

Green day - 1/2pk savoury rice, peppers, courgette, broccoli, sweet corn, garden peas, green beans & soy sauce

jezzi999 said:
Eggy bread bacon sandwiches!

2 slices of 400g bread (hexB), dipped in a beaten egg (with salt and pepper). Fried in a frying pan, with some bacon medallions.

In another pan I fried onions and mushrooms.

If you are feeling particularly piggy you can also fry a fried egg in some frylight.

Then just later up first eggy bread, bacon, onions and mushrooms, (fried egg if you are having it) more bacon, final eggy bread.

Feels like the most horrically Bad breakfast/brunch but completely on plan.

I haven't had eggy bread in years mmmm if I hadn't had my breakfast I would have had it on my list x

Yeah no probs
Leeks, onions,carrots, chicken thighs, loads if herbs (just a mix of loads that I have in the cupboard) a little salt, pepper, water, 2 eggs cracked in and cooked in the soup! It's lush, my bf's grandma's recipe lovely and so filling :)

Re crabsticks, only 1 syn on green and if on ee you take the lowest value of free in red is that not right? Have eaten 6 of the ******* today!
Anyway todays lunch was egg custard made with hexb oats so simple soaked in bananasand custard mullerlite 2eggs beaten in, spoonful of sweetenerand sprinkled on cinnamon, and baked in bainmarie in oven for about 25mins, chopped fruit alongside for my 1\3sf, delish

Just had gyros chicken with sw chips massive salad and garlic and paprika sauce. (no tzaziki didn't have right yogurt) was lovely. X

Not lunch as such more of things to pick at: having a red day so I've got bacon & veg mini omelettes, babybels (HExA) roast chicken pieces, quorn BBQ fillets, hifi light bars (HExB) peppers & cucumber sticks with cucumber & mint dip, cherry tomatoes & pickles

Syns will be used on chocolate goodies at kids birthday tea party :D

had swquiche with chicken and mushroom pns, carrots,courgettes, broccoli, leeksand hexa cheese and a peach.

Just had the squash and tomato dahl which featured in the booklet that came with this months SW mag. Yummy!

dhal 001.jpg

Back